[84267] Textures fail to render properly on models with transparency when viewed through grass

technoid

@asj5547 asked me to check out my lastest plane (Boomer) in the Castle Airport. He thought the tall grass looked odd where it shows through the hstab that has a see-through color scheme with a balsa framework inside. Here's a picture of it.

Castle-Boomer.jpg

The picture you included is normal, the grass will stick thru any model surface, I guess that is because the grass does not have a collision mesh on every blade of grass, to detect collision and bend the grass appropriately.

Here is what I see, I am using just the 13th gen Intel CPU and the integral IGPU for testing the new DirectX 11 version
when the model is moved thru the grass it loses the texture on the model and shows transparency. (Balsa framework).Boomer balsa-1.jpg

The picture you included is normal, the grass will stick thru any model surface, I guess that is because the grass does not have a collision mesh on every blade of grass, to detect collision and bend the grass appropriately.

Here is what I see, I am using just the 13th gen Intel CPU and the integral IGPU for testing the new DirectX 11 version
when the model is moved thru the grass it loses the texture on the model and shows transparency. (Balsa framework).View attachment 135584
I've seen grass sticking through before but it was always just a green grass color, not grass with a light color surrounding it like that grass has. But your picture is different so it's good to have both of them.

It turns out there are two separate issues described above, and case 84055 which was connected to this thread actually describes a third issue completely unrelated to these two! šŸ˜…

Please bear with me. I'm going to duplicate this thread rather than split it apart since the first three posts reference each other too much for things to make sense in isolation, and then retitle both threads with different case numbers.

This thread will represent the "vanishing" texture problem asj5547 described in post #2 above. I have filed case 84267 to address it.

Back