[84278] Lens flare effect is drawn on top of and affects numerous UI elements

legoman

when the lens flare appears on screen the navguide changes, parts of the HUD (Vertical speed indiactor, fuel remaining, heading numberic, home heading and distacance to pilot) and chat backdrop color to be changed/removed.

all cameras seem to be effected with the exeption of looking through transparencies.

to recreate
load any aircraft
select any camera not looking through transpartent objects unless foreground frames are enabled
fly the aircraft so the sun is at the edge of the screen and move it on and off the screen to show the effect.

may be related to bug [84277] as it has some sun lens flares and tranparency issues.

0759.png0783.png

note to the devs my driver has changed so I have included an updated DXdiag in the zip

Attachments

• RealFlight ini + new dxdiag.zip
    134.1 KB · Views: 1
I can reproduce the sun glare issue interacting with the Heads-up Display.
When the camera is pointed directly at the sun there is a reflected sun's image, (red circled in picture) probably not a fault, just a real-life type of reflection, off the camera lens.

Attachments

• Sun + Hud-1.jpg
    Sun + Hud-1.jpg
    416.9 KB · Views: 10
  • DxDiag.txt
    130.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Sun + Hud.jpg
    Sun + Hud.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 10
Funnily enough, I had discovered this myself shortly before this report. We have a good handle on the cause, but as of right now we don't have a working fix.

I will add the additional examples from this thread to that existing case. It will help with validating the fix when the time comes.

Thanks for the report!

Back