[84291] Airport editor is more prone to crashing

sc204

This is not consistant but several times when editing an airfield (Superstion park or a version that I have already edited) Real Flight closes unexpectantly.
This has sometimes happened when clicking edit the airfield from the main menu. Never gets to the edit window. Note I am using the legacy menu.
Also happens sometimes when adding clouds.
Also even if I save the file to a new name or update the already edited file and click save it will always ask if I want to save when clicking exit to simulator unless no changes were made.
Requested file attached.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    101.3 KB · Views: 0
Thanks for the report. Are you experiencing these issues for the first time in the DX11 beta? If you had encountered them before, are they happening more frequently now than they used to or at a similar rate?

To cover non catched errors causing crashes, an idea would be for RF to check at startup if the previous session abnormally ended. If so, ask to the user if he would like display or send technical details (eg. dump file) to the software company, with input box to optionally describe the context. In short, any method to pro-actively know more, helpful to troubleshoot issues.

Last edited:
Back