[84424] Bloom effect is stronger on vehicles in daylight compared to previous versions

Flapper

A halo like fringe surrounding all models in DX11, that is not present in DX9. Similar to glow imparted at night to lit objects. Turning off night glow has no effect. DX 9 shot first, DX 11 second. Note softness of image, especially around the cowl of the Yak, and the reduction in reflected highlights on the turtledeck, etc.

RFE-DX9.png

RFE-DX11.png

RFE-DX92.png

RFE-DX112.png

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    93.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Looks like Beta may have gone mainstream! Can't switch back and forth via steam, version is always 10.10.074 this evening. (Beta had been 10.00.73). Also, no longer two versions installed in the steamapps folder.

Bloom was on in both versions in the examples above. Turning it off in 10.10.074 does resolve it...but...wonder what having it off impacts other aspects???

@Flapper Bloom does affect depth of field of non photo airfields.

Photographers do this to emphasis a subject, with using specific lens aperture and more.

1) In the past I didn't notice that enabling Bloom was impacting the aircraft, with DX9. Not sure what is the approach today with DX11: improvement to better fit with scenery or side-effect behavior?

2) Not sure if someone tested frame rate impact with enabling Bloom under DX11. There was per sure some impact with DX9 and should not be worse with DX11. Similar question as high foliage density, now solved.
Any volunteer for testing this?

Last edited:
Per my post here and in a separate thread, doesn't seem like there is a beta anymore, it is just RFE. But....

Using all the same settings in RF 8....with bloom on, the effect is there, but pretty muted. No frame rate impact on or off with my system. Still 142 fps, given a few decimal point jumps either way.

Bloom effect much stronger in RFE.

I'm not sure if this is expected. I have filed case 84424 to evaluate it compared to previous versions. Thanks for the report!

Back