_CS and _AV file confusion (E-flite / Parkzone T-28 redux)

robtest

So I am coming back into RC Planes after a decade break. I am starting out with RF9.5 before I go break a real one.

The other day, E-flite announce a new version of the popular Parkzone T-28. So I made a yellow_CS file to go with technoid's T-28_CS and BrokeDad's electric_AV variant.

Hacking farther down the rabbit hole, I have created an E-flite T-28 that is scaled down to be a park flyer, with AS3X and SAFE.

So my confusion comes in on _AV and _CS files. After I clean up my C:\Users\robtest\Documents\RealFlight 9\Vehicles folder, I try importing my "E-flite T-28 Trojan_AV" file, but it has the defaulted technoid colorscheme.

Do I need to export/upload to swapfiles both the _CS and the _AV file to get a full end result of my "vehicle" ???

I was confused about this also;
the CS, AV, and EA file types are unique... and in the Sim they are not combined into one file. The ONLY CS that comes with the EA file is the one it had when it was originally saved. If you bring a new plane into your Sim you will need the EA file, any AV variants based on the EA, and all CS color schemes that you are interested in. Also, they do not combine (as I thought) into one file on import, so if you back up your custom planes you need to backup the EA, all AV variants, and ALL color scheme CS files.

marcus

Back