A-10 Thunderbolt II

You're going to make an A-10? That's awesome! I want to get into creating my own planes... Where can i start?

See this thread.Then decide on a subject to model and jump in. If you start a build thread, people will be more than happy to help with questions that can't be simply answered with a google search. Be aware that creating a model from scratch will probably take 100 to 200 hours or even more. Expect at least 100 hours. So it isn't for those who want immediate gratification.

If you do decide to get started, grab a student copy of 3ds max.

Last edited:
See this thread. Then decide on a subject to model and jump in. If you start a build thread, people will be more than happy to help with questions that can't be simply answered with a google search. Be aware that creating a model from scratch will probably take 100 to 200 hours or even more. Expect at least 100 hours. So it isn't for those who want immediate gratification.

If you do decide to get started, grab a student copy of 3ds max.

Did you mean to have a link in the red words?;)

I hope Oneder hasn't abandoned this one. I see he is still on here from time to time, but this thread has been dormant for a month now.

Another member tried to take on the A-10. apparently he had so many issues that
he had to stop. I guess it's as hard to model as it is to shoot down. :p :(

Hey Wingman

I remember seeing something that was strange with your A-10. I tried over and over to fix it but without knowing 3dMax that well i just got frustrated.

The first few time I loaded it over and over again I kept seeing a Helper object. This objects object I believe it had it’s properties set to a solid of something like that. It was scaled really big so as a solid it rotated as the gear went up and the object now held up the plane off the ground. It appeared to only be on the back gear. The helper object comes in play if you have a object that rotates in two axis at the same time. Sadly I screwed up the file you gave me and never got it fixed.

I did how ever got it in to wings 3d. I fixed the noise wheel and the gun that was on the wrong side, but messed up the mapping. I still have that file somewhere but it needs mapped again and the bombs don't work anymore.

I just been too busy this year with job hunting, running the auction this year for the WRCC, and Jeff gave the the camping bug with I went to the Toledo last year. I bought a small wooden Teardrop and been out a few time in it and now working of building another bigger one.

Hey Junkboy,

Yeah I remember you were going to take a look at that. I unfortunately lost the file too due to my hard drive failing. I do remember seeing that error message though haha. If i remember it had something to do with the wheel, but I could never find anything wrong with it in wings. Like you said, whatever it was it was in the back under the landing gear.

I hope Oneder hasn't abandoned this one. I see he is still on here from time to time, but this thread has been dormant for a month now.

I took a break from this project because of a 2 month long tooth problem (now fixed) and hope to finish it still. Its really hard for me to get back on a long ignored project however, I dont know why? I might end up giving up or letting someone else take over since it would be a shame to waste the effort I allready put into this, I think I represented the A-10 very well given the polygon limitations we have and doubt that anyone else could do a better job if they had to start from scratch? There is still a considerable amount of work left to do to get this into the swaps so I just don't know what to do...

Hurry up and finish it! I've got my flood fill tool ready and can't wait much longer!:p Just messing with ya

Back