A380!

Aircraft Master

I'm presently in research stage of "building" and A380 for RealFlight. This is my first time so it will not be fast. More updates soon!

Currently I'm trying to split my 3-View into 3 pieces, but I have no idea how. Could somebody help me?

Attachments

• Airbus A380 3-View For Realflight.jpg
    Airbus A380 3-View For Realflight.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 64
WOO HOO!!! A380!! Good luck dude! :cool:

As for the 3 views, maybe one of the Designers will help you out on that.

Guess what is different from most planes on this plane! The entire wing of the A380 can swivel up and down by its self because the wing generates too much lift durring cruise! Can Realflight Make a Movible Pod thats attached to a wing (without servos) move up and down just beacause of the lift being generated?

Attachments

• Airbus A380 3-View Wing Movement Demo.JPG
    Airbus A380 3-View Wing Movement Demo.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 34
I just open my 3-views in paint and clip out parts and create new images and paste the clippings there. Save as jpeg. Import image plane in wings 3d. Haole's elegance on the swaps I think had the adjustable wing camber. This would be fairly straight-forward to setup in the physics model. Using 3-way switch to allow adjustment of wing camber with the knob and in another position of the switch sets default camber and allow use of flaps with the knob. Still would allows to have dual rates and retracts and maybe another gimmick or two.

Finally! Thanks willsonman! Now I can finally cut my 3-views! One more question. How big should the 3-views be? Also, is there any specific shape that the 3-views should be?

Last edited:
Heres a 380 3view that I put together from pics I found on the web. I just open the 3view image in my 3D modeling program and then cut it up from their, no need to bother w/paint program (saves a little time also). Good luck w/your project!

Attachments

• Airbus A380 3view.jpg
    Airbus A380 3view.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 72
Heres an example of what I meant in my previous post, screengrab of my G650 model. With this method you can begin modeling about a minute after obtaining your 3view. Notice how the images were "cut" in the 3d program. You can also quickly fix any scaling issues on the fly.

Attachments

• screengrab.jpg
    screengrab.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 83
Thanks Heelycopter! Now I can begin cutting my 3-views! I think I'm gonna use mine for the basic modeling, then yours for reference and for the landing gear.

Last edited:
Keep up the good work...

Thanx for taking on this ambitious project, looking forward to it.

FYI... Only the inboard engines reverse on this bird, if you want to include reverse thrust.

P.S. Heeleycopter, did you get my P.M.?

Best regards, DonaldT

Last edited:
Wow, I'd never noticed how much dihedral that beast has. Must be a real stable floater when not loaded down with a meeellion passengers.

Anyway, good luck on your project! That's a complicated airframe but I bet everybody will appreciate it when you are done.

And yeah, you can mix your leading edge slats and flaps to the 3-pos switch with a little fiddling in the editor. RF seems to do a good job at modeling camber-changing wings so the effect on your model would be noticeable and worth the effort to implement.

Carl

Help!

I need help aligning my 3-Views! Could somebody help me out? I've attached the *.wings file in the zip. This is for looking at my problem. Also in the *.zip file there is all the views, this is for looking if I cut them wrong. Any help would be greatly appreaciated. Please unzip first!

Attachments

• RealFlight A380.zip
    96 KB · Views: 47
You are having the same problem I had when I first started.

Start over. Set your 3-views but DO NOT CLOSE the program. Click on window then outliner. On all of your images at the bottom right click an make them internal. I then make them external and save with the same name but as a BMP file. Then save the wings file and exit then reopen and your 3-views should be right.

Ok... I've done that... but another problem. How do you make 3-Views line up?!? This is what I need. do you just keep moving them or is there some other way?

EDIT: Added a screenshot in.

Attachments

• RealFlight A380 Fixed.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 22
  • A380 misaligned views.JPG
    A380 misaligned views.JPG
    161.1 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Aircraft Master said:
Guess what is different from most planes on this plane! The entire wing of the A380 can swivel up and down by its self because the wing generates too much lift durring cruise! Can Realflight Make a Movible Pod thats attached to a wing (without servos) move up and down just beacause of the lift being generated?

Can you cite a source for this information? I've seen the A380 wing, doesn't look like it to me.

http://coppermine.luchtzak.be/albums/userpics/10001/normal_MegaWing.jpg

It may be that when the plane is in flight the wings are like that. and when on the ground they sag. I know those wings are designed to flex and not be rigid.

Back