Adding Sound

swanley007

Hello All,

I love the sound emitter function. Has anyone been able to import more sounds/wav files to allow a larger selection in the sound emitter sound object parameter. Any help would be great.

Thank You All!

flightgear is open source and u can buy CDs but its freely downloadable off the internet i was talking about the customizability of open source

taylor_simpson said:
flightgear is open source and u can buy CDs but its freely downloadable off the internet i was talking about the customizability of open source

... In a forum about commercially sold software... making that post WAAAY off "topic" and somewhat irrelevant... thus you got called on it.

Swanley007...
........ :confused:
I find that a strange Question coming from some one Whom I (and Others) thought worked for KE....at least you have made it seem that way in other threads
or was it Great planes?...............at support wasn't it? :confused:

Last edited:
I am with Great Planes Support. Please remember though that the developers are Knife Edge, not Great Planes. We do have a great deal of technical information and personal experience with all aspects of REALFLIGHT. This information all came from training/Knife Edge/ Personal use. Since this is a "hack" into the program, and not something that is normally done (officially supported), I am asking to see if anyone has figured it out.

In addition, Great Planes provides support for the aspects of RealFlight, but designing is outside of the realm of support as many 3rd party applicaions are needed. I am trying to do this as a learning tool to see what the "designers" professional or amateur go through....so I can possibly offer "hints" if someone calls in.

I know that there is no "RealFlight Way" to import the sounds, but I wasn't sure if you could add embedded sounds into custom created airport objects, to kind of "hack" sounds in.

Thank You All

Back