Adjusting C of G position

Mike Wray

Could anyone please explain how to adjust the C of G position? I can find C of G in "physics" but it isn't clear to me what the dimensions refer to. ie "Location in parent", "dimensions" etc.

It will highlight the CG position in the diagram of the plane. You will see it move as you edit the x,y,z values. To move it backwards or forwards use the Y value. You can move it up and down with the Z value. Normally you don't mess with X but it will move it side to side.

You will find CG Adjustment under Airframe NOT Fuselage

It will highlight the CG position in the diagram of the plane. You will see it move as you edit the x,y,z values. To move it backwards or forwards use the Y value. You can move it up and down with the Z value. Normally you don't mess with X but it will move it side to side.

You will find CG Adjustment under Airframe NOT Fuselage

BrokeDad: Saw your post, and I’m a bit confused about setting C-G in RF9.5.038. The manual for my X1.2m Night Timber says to measure from the wing’s leading edge back 89mm to 102mm (3.504” to 4.016”), and I pre-set it to mid 3.760” for her initial flights. Installing a larger 14.V battery showed the need for moving the battery back a bit for a true knife edge balancing. But in the RF9.5 config settings, it shows the C-G to be as in the attached pic of 0.67" or 0.29". How or from where is this number measured? This same plane in the simulator flies OK as set, so why the discrepancy in measurements? Just asking.Timber C_G.jpg

Most of us just set it where we like. I've never tried to match specs from any HH manual. Anyways the HH manuals are notorious for setup/programming mistakes. I only own one flyable plane which is a Night Vapor. All my other models are helicopters.

Back