AeroScout S - How do i get this model in RealFlight 9

ribuck

Hi All,

I recently purchased RealFlight 9 and was quite disappointed to to find that the HobbyZone AeroScout S was not included in the list of models which i thought was a bit strange as i was led to believe it was one of the biggest selling models last year.

Is there anyway to download this model separately and import it into the program ?

Cheers,
Rich.

Many thanks - I found it. Please excuse my ignorance as i'm new to RF9, but if this model has not been created by the manufacturer - then how are the flight characteristics assured to be correctly & accurately reflect the real model ?

it didn't feel quite right - but to be fair to you i could only test with a pc game pad as i'm waiting for my spektrum usb dongle to connect my DX8. Looking forward to testing the model with my proper controller.

If the Plane doesn't feel exactly like the real aircraft, It can be tweaked in the Aircraft Editor to fly exactly like the real aircraft. The editor is the most powerful tool in Realflight and if you have the real aircraft, you can modify the physics to fly exactly like the real aircraft if you spend the time to learn the editor.

Thanks all - once i get my WS2000 dongle later this week i'll give it another try and see how i get on, and take a look at the editor to see if it can figure it out.

Well if you read my comment properly i said to Donamy " but to be fair to you i could only test with a pc game pad as i'm waiting for my spektrum usb dongle to connect my DX8. Looking forward to testing the model with my proper controller" so I already acknowledged that using my gamepad wasn't a fair test.

Many thanks - I found it. Please excuse my ignorance as i'm new to RF9, but if this model has not been created by the manufacturer - then how are the flight characteristics assured to be correctly & accurately reflect the real model ?
Hi can you send me a link to this I cannot find it can your search?

So I've downloaded and tried out the Aeroscout as I am considering purchasing one and wanted to get an idea for how it flies. I did have one question regarding the simulation...
From what I could tell it takes quite a bit of throttle input to get the aircraft moving. A lot more than say the Apprentice 1.5 trainer. First of all has anyone else noticed this? Secondly, is it also that way with the real model? Just curious since I've never flown one.

As I have said before, each model whether a swap model or included with the software, may or may not represent reality. The rolling friction of each model should be the same on the same surface (grass/asphalt). Obviously the weight of the model will require more thrust as it increases. I have seen heavy models takeoff in very short distances. This is not realistic. The physics model may or may not represent reality. The good thing is that you can modify the physics model. Yet, that is hard to do when you are not a pilot yet. The feel for aircraft comes with hours of flying. Some of the modelers here are not skilled pilots.

I would not base a purchase decision of the model as it is flown in the simulator.

. Some of the modelers here are not skilled pilots.

I would not base a purchase decision of the model as it is flown in the simulator.
In all fairness many aircraft designers and modellers in the real world are not pilots, but mathematicians and engineers... the Supermarine Spitfire was designed by R.J.Mitchell who never flew a plane.

Last edited:
I agree - i would never base a plane purchase based on a simulation model, as RF9 will just give you a rough approximation.

Now i can tell you about the AeroScout from a complete beginners Persective:-

• So is it easy to assemble & Fly - The simple answer is yes, with the ASX3 enabled in Safe mode, it's very stable and easy to land - just point into the wind when you're ready to land and reduce the throtte, and it it will nearly land itself.
  • Take off's - If you take off from a a hard surface it will get up in the air pretty quick. Short grass just needs a little extra power to get going. Longer grass, just takes a bit longer to get up to speed. Normally, i just give it full throttle and once it's got enough height, i just drop it to 50% throttle. on 2200Mah batteries, i get 10 mins flying time.
  • General flying - The plane handles the wind really well. and as i said before - the ASX3 stability in safe mode keeps the wings level for you and makes it very easy to fly even with no experience. It a;so handles really slow flight really well.
  • Landing - just point it into the wind, cut the throttle back to 25% and relax and she will come down gently.
Hope this helps

I would agree with you, with one glaring difference. There is a lot of flight testing and comments and rework and changes as a result of pilots reporting to engineering on the large aircraft in development. In this sim, it is usually one guy all by himself.
In all fairness,(s) many aircraft designers and modelers(s) in the real world are not pilots, but mathematicians and engineers... the Supermarine(s) Spitfire was designed by R.J.Mitchell who never flew a plane.

Would love to hear feedback, from people who own and fly the planes I have modeled. Then they could be tweaked to fly more realistically.

Back