Aircraft shaking issue

There must be something in the AP that was made with the new exporter. I get the same thing if I try to import a newer model of mine into 6.5.

Using the "stock"(with default physics) 100 in Evector sport plane EA
at the stock Sierra Nevada based Flight School AP.(with all wind settings @ 0)
I DO see what you are describing

At take off every thing in all views is just fine, at about 1.6 miles out (Heading :300 deg , Alt 5000 ft) I see the jitter/shake in COCKPIT VIEW ONLY....
and it does indeed seem to get worse as you go further out.... it gets pretty intense at about 5-6 miles out
I also noticed that looking at the edge of my screen using the bezel as a reference
that the outside scenery seems to have an independent shake all of its own (opposite the shaking of the cockpit interior).... again in COCKPIT VIEW ONLY.......(even in nose view it's just fine)

BUT
If I fly the stock L-39 I GET THE SAME THING..EXCEPT the scenery outside is more stable ...again....in COCKPIT VIEW ONLY

I always fly from the default ground view and is why I haven't noticed this issue before
.I've stated before I'm not a geek nor gamer but I would consider it a bug...Unfortunately for us 6.5 users there will never be a fix
(but like I said I never use cockpit view anyhow ...so I'm cool with it

Last edited:
Sorry about the error Maj.

Ok so you've got it reproduced, glad it's not just my computer's issue.
Sounds like it's KE's problem now since there's likely not much that can be done by the user if it's a bug. Thanks for the replies and help guys

Nothing that uses the 27000 poly exporter. Even if its only 5 polys. Now, using the old 20000 exporter will still work to my knowledge. But we can't have both installed, so most of us stick with one or the other.

I was just going to post:

I know, I know ...ante up....:p

at first I thought it was this cheap pc some guy sold me...yuck yuck...:p

I'll be here all week... please tip your server generously;)

That may be the case due to the fact the higher poly count is accepted. I can't recall all of the details.

sounds logical
But it would be nice to still be able to import models at or under 20k....oh well it is what it is
I'm sure they would have allowed it if at all possible
Actually didn't think it has been that long since I tried to import something :eek:

Then again I haven't had a good working interlink for a long time till just recently :rolleyes:

Aircraft Shaking Issue, Tests. POSSIBLE BUG.

I think Im seeing what the OP, 2DBob is talking about. IN RF7.5:
The PLANE interior (some exterior also) is shaking, WITH INCREASED AMPLITUDE (in different camera views; Bomb, Bottom, Camera, Cockpit, Front Seat, Pilot, Tail, Wheel, Wingtip) AS DISTANCE FROM SPAWN INCREASES, BEYOND ONE MILE.

I can only speak from a limited perspective. I got G4/4.5 back in 07, then jumped directly into RF7, in May of 14, then the beta 7.5 in Oct. (nothing in between)
My 4.5 has 3 camera views; Fixed, Chase, and Cockpit..(which is actually nose view) so I cant, really check/reproduce in THAT version.

I did some tests, in 7.5, Flight School HD, (Sierra Nevada) with numerous planes.(some stock some swap) There definitely seems to be a COCKPIT VIEW, SHAKING ISSUE which INCREASES, BEYOND ONE MILE. Zooming CAMERAS, AMPLIFIES it.
I checked all camera views, in the;
oONizzOo Bo209, 100 in.Evektor Sport Star, B-1B(GRU-31X18), JAS-39 SAAB Gripen, L39, and Yak54 3D
AT INCREASING DISTANCE, BEYOND ONE MILE:
SHAKING can bee seen, in the air, motor running, or killed. On the ground Motor running or killed.
On the ground, engine killed, landing gear, position/transition, CAN, stop shaking, or restart it.
The SHAKING SEEMS TO BE THE AIRCRAFT GRAPHICS, AND NOT THE CAMERA, AS THE OUTSIDE SCENERY, REMAINS RELATIVELY STABLE.
THIS ISSUE HAS BEEN VERIFIED BY OTHERS IN THIS THREAD, AND SHOULD PROBABLY BE REPORTED AS A BUG!
ANYBODY KNOW THE PROPER PROCEDURE?

I've noticed this also especially when increasing the plane size above 100. There is an issue as well in some views of the landing gear being partially "buried" below the ground surface.

I see the shaking as a minor annoyance. Ever been in a real aircraft? I would love to have that minimal amount of shaking. I don't see it as a distance from airport problem rather a time based problem as it keeps amplifying over time, rather than distance.

Keep in mind this is an RC simulator not X-Plane or MSFSX. If you want that, that is available. If you are doing long range FPV, you don't have a cockpit view available.

Yeah report it... Ryan will see it here in a day or three or you can call tech support.

As to the wheels sinking, I think that is a plane design issue.

adrenoline60.....
I get outside scenery shaking independent of the interior shaking

as stated above ...use the screen edge bezel as a reference point and compare the shaking between the int. and outside scenery.. they are separate...
On my machine the outside scenery is NOT stable

Also it is NOT related to time on my pc if I spawn and Idle at the AP it never shakes the interior even after 10 min...the OPs own similar experiments with near and far spawn points bear this out

Last edited:
As far as being, time related, compared to distance related,...returning, near/to, spawn, after shaking starts, seems to, reverse/eliminate, shaking.
Maj, sorry, I may have failed to address the outside shake, issue, properly. I DO see what you described, using gadget window.(for reference)(especially if zooming in) What I meant to convey, was,(exterior shake) magnitude compared to interior shaking, was RELATIVELY small. Drawing to the hypothesis, PLANE shake, NOT CAMERA shake. (because NEAR objects appear to SHAKE MORE, than those FARTHER AWAY)
BTW On the, "Gripin", the loosing trim, while flying, thing, whats up with THAT? It happens in 7.5 too. Even more so on the B-1B(GRU-31X18)
As far as shaking being a minor annoyance. I agree, SOME shaking, contributes, to a more realistic feel. BUT,With as much shaking. as Im seeing, on the L-39, front seat, camera, cockpit targeting display. (zoomed in) (@ 7 or 20 miles out) I think maybe a simulated hurricane, should be visible in the foreground.
Test: Flight School HD, (Sierra Nevada), L-39 (stock airport stock plane (with lots of views)) Fly straight out to 5000 ft elevation, (use heads up) Fly until fuel is just about exhausted. Check all cameras. Land. Check all cameras. Check cameras; landing gear down, & landing gear up. Kill engine check all cameras again. That should pretty much cover it.
FYI: As far as my SCIENTIFIC TESTING QUALIFICATIONS GO, I SUBMIT; FROG WITH NO LEGS CANT HEAR:rolleyes:....JUMP FROG JUMP:confused:...SCIENCE;):D

Last edited:
Interesting findings adrenoline, thanks.

Yes the ground also appears to shake. I do long range FPV for multiplayer chaser games.
Once again it is EVERY plane on RF regardless of size. Most of my custom AVs are under 100% and I don't notice a difference based on size, they all shake like a paint shaker.

I placed two spawn points at that airport.
1. Reset and fly from main spawn within 1 mile - fine
2. Hit "X" to spawn more than 3 miles away from main - shakes immediately as long as engine runs.
3. Fly back to main spawn from far spawn - shaking decreases.

Airport defined center seems to be issue. Whatever RF thinks at that airport is "airport center" will appear to be least shaky.

But WHY on EARTH does it not shake when in F2 (NOSE CAMERA)? Are you sure it's plane shake and not camera shake? Or does it not shake on default nose camera because aircraft is not rendered?
I'm confused a little/lottle...

Post edit:
Just flew the STOCK BD-5 about 6 miles out, killed engine, shakes still even with engine killed (some do some don't). Upon reset at far spawn, shaking remains, engine on or off. Stood outside aircraft in pilot spawn view, watched aircraft, zoomed in on it, was even shaking from the outside!

Last edited:
I tried several more things.
I flew the L-39, out about 10 miles, from Flight school HD, runway. Plane Shaking prominently: :eek:
1) Hit "P" to save that position, Hit reset button. (which just resets aircraft, to the point, it was, when I hit "P". As I suspected, the plane was still shaking.
2) Turned Physics to Beginner. NO HELP
3) Reset Graphics to Lowest setting. NO HELP
4) Zeroed out wind and turbulence. NO HELP
5) Full Screen vs Windowed screen NO HELP
As far as, the nose camera, not shaking....I don't think, its actually attached, to the plane. I didn't see it in the aircraft editor. (L-39)
The reason I felt, it is NOT CAMERA SHAKE, is because, if it were camera shake, the farther, the objects are, from the camera, (field of view) (mountains) would seem to shake more,(yards, or miles, as opposed to, inches) than things closer to the camera (cockpit interior) NOT THE CASE!
If its AIRPLANE SHAKE, since the camera has mass, while the plane is shaking violently,(as is evident) The camera MOUNTING, seems to have, a DAMPENING EFFECT. Which would make, the near by objects,(inside) seem to shake, violently, while objects farther away,(outside) shake less, AND, OUT OF SYNC. WHICH SEEMS TO BE THE CASE!

FROM THE MINDS OF FROGS WITH NO LEGS CANT HEAR:eek:
GO TO THE EDITOR AND TURN OFF THE BRAILLE HOMING DEVICE:D

Last edited:
If the camera were theoretically mounted firmly (bolted)to the inside of the cockpit .....the interior of said cockpit would/should appear to be rock steady at all times
as both camera and cockpit would shake in sync with outside forces ,there would Appear to be no movement at all

In theory RFs cockpit view is a simulation of a FPV as seen through the EYES of a pilot...not a firmly mounted camera and "Should" exhibit simulated head shake/movement

A Camera view from inside the cock pit should display the properties as described in the first paragraph .....inside the cockpit

A cockpit Camera view even in the RW that displays any detectable shake in the cockpit is evidence that the camera is not mounted "rock solid" and that either the mount is not stout enough and/or affixed correctly to hold the camera steady or that the camera is not affixed to said camera mount sufficiently

While none of this is really the issue here
I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents on the above post (#37) of how things "should" be

Last edited:
The problem described by the OP--jitter that increases with distance from the airport center--is a result of limitations with floating point precision (under the hood programming and math stuff). The general problem is not limited to RealFlight, though the specific ways in which it manifests as undesirable behavior are.

It is endemic to the system. During "normal" use, though, it will not rear its head.

Back