Aircraft with Guns

ddaniel13

I've been having fun flying Mr Technoids P38, & The Bearcat. Ive noticed in a few of the airports with the Fuel tanker, that it will actually explode with machine gun fire.
This is cool. Have not found any other explosive targets. How is this feature managed?
Is it in the Airport build editor or aircraft editor? Just curious

I love this RF8

Dave

The Fuel Tanker your looking for is listed in the Environment Editor.
Its listed in the Object Palette under: RealFlight 8>Static Objects>Gasoline Truck.
You can place it in any Airfield you want.
To get it to Explode, you'll need to make it Collidable. See Picture.

Attachments

• Gasoline Truck.jpg
    Gasoline Truck.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
I've been having fun flying Mr Technoids P38, & The Bearcat. Ive noticed in a few of the airports with the Fuel tanker, that it will actually explode with machine gun fire.
This is cool. Have not found any other explosive targets. How is this feature managed?
Is it in the Airport build editor or aircraft editor? Just curious

I love this RF8

Dave

as far as I know is it knife edge exclusive. I think its a NUP command applied in the building process.

Expansion pack 8 has moving targets that you can shoot and they explode also it has aircraft that fly on a track that you can shoot and they explode. The targets respawn after a few seconds

Expansion pack 8 has moving targets that you can shoot and they explode also it has aircraft that fly on a track that you can shoot and they explode. The targets respawn after a few seconds

Is what your thinking of the shooting gallery, because that's in EP7

I dont quite understand it. I can copy the fuel trucks, there all set to Collidable and they do explode.
Turn off the collidable and they don't explode. All the other objects I checked were set to collidable, but they do not explode.
who knows

Dave

Collidable on most stuff just means you can't pass through it. It will move if you hit it and cause damage to your craft. The tanker truck is an exception designed to explode.

Collidable on most stuff just means you can't pass through it. It will move if you hit it and cause damage to your craft. The tanker truck is an exception designed to explode.

Since the Collision, with the Gasoline Truck, is the Condition, that triggers the Explosion, Collidable, needs to be enabled. (Yes)

Back