airpeed change mph to km

clarke

Hi guys does anybody know how to change the airspeed reading from mph to kmh
ive looked at all the settings and can not see how to change it all help is very much appreciated.

I was able to change it a long time ago but all of a sudden its changed back to mph and I cant remember how I did it :confused:

ive looked at all the settings and can not see how to change it all help is very much appreciated.

I was able to change it a long time ago but all of a sudden its changed back to mph and I cant remember how I did it :confused:

Where are you located? Is your Region and Language setup properly for your location in the Windows Region and Language Control Panel applet?

I took a look at RealFlight but didn't see anything in it, but I may have missed it, so it may use what location Windows is setup for.

i see where you can change to metric in the aircraft editor go to options and in there under units select metric or english

Attachments

• RF editor metric or english units.jpg
    RF editor metric or english units.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 45
i see where you can change to metric in the aircraft editor go to options and in there under units select metric or english

Ha... You beat me to it. I just talked to Great Planes support and that's what they told me to use I was just going to post it :)

There is also an entry in the main settings dialog also if you don't want to go into the aircraft editor.

From the main menu select "Simulation->Settings..."
Then in the Settings Dialog "Physics" in the tree
Change the option"Use Metric Units" to true

There is also an entry in the main settings dialog also if you don't want to go into the aircraft editor.

From the main menu select "Simulation->Settings..."
Then in the Settings Dialog "Physics" in the tree
Change the option"Use Metric Units" to true

Yep, that sounds like the best place to me. I was wondering why you needed to use the aircraft editor to display a global unit of measure. Gold Star!

Back