Airport Editing - Selecting Trees Problem

PilotAt6

When editing Realflight Airports, I cannot select trees to move or delete. The only way is to go to the object(s) in the folder listing, scroll until it is highlighted on the screen, then I can work with it. Selecting with the mouse is impossible even though it is set as selectable under OPTIONS/Selectable items.

Any solutions, or is this a quirk in RF?

I'm also having problems with objects changing positions when I save and exit the editor, sometimes they must be repositioned several times.

What am I doing wrong???

I don't know why trees aren't selectable either. I haven't had an issue with things moving when I exit the editor though (at least that I have noticed).

Try excluding the RealFlight 9 data directory in your home directory from your virus scanner.

I was having all sorts of weird problems with files disappearing and reverting to prior edits and other issues, all in RF and only in RF.

Ultimately, I excluded the RealFlight 9 directory containing all of the data directories from my virus protection software and haven't had a problem since, after an initial round of restarting RF and cleaning up the user files. The first run created duplicate copies of every custom plane I had opened in the last RF session while my virus software had access to the RF data directory.

The files were not being reported as infected or quarantined, but would simply disappear between file activities in RF such as entering/exiting the aircraft editor, closing/opening RF, loading custom planes, and the like. I have absolutely no idea what was going on, but as I said, the symptoms all chased back to file problems.

Virus software operates at a level in the OS that can stop writes to files, delete files, and otherwise get in the middle of normal operations if it decides to do so. When it does its thing, the user is entirely dependent on the software to make a notification or other record of the act.

At least in my case, the virus protection software was making changes and blocking writes without making a record or notifying me.

I just checked my RF 9 install, and I cannot select the trees without resorting to using the object list tree, either.

I don't do much editing of sites, so I haven't noticed any issue with changes not sticking after being moved in the editor, and haven't had the problem in the plane editor.

caltain ... Thanks for the info ... I will make the changes in the virus software.

As for trees ... if there are many and you want to move or size one , it's difficult to locate that one tree in the editor.
Everything else works pretty good.

The moving problem is sporadic ... thinking about it now, it seems to happen mostly around water with boats, docks etc..
I have a list of items that I believe could stand some attention. I E-Mailed Knife Edge asking if they were interested in user comments with no response ... so I took it as a big fat NO.

One of the items is positioning objects on water ... you need to know the water's depth to get it to the surface. Since RF knows the depth ... why can't it place it on the surface and you can adjust the depth +/-. Go ahead and move the boat, and you need to adjust the height above the surface again. Gezzzzzzzzzz!

Back