Airport Object Transparency

BigBadJohnnyD

Is there a specific method for making transparencies work for airport objects? I have the TGA file saved as 32bit and assigned the alpha into the opacity map in 3DS Max. I exported as FBX and the transparency does not work when I import it into Realflight.

Is there a specific method for making transparencies work for airport objects? I have the TGA file saved as 32bit and assigned the alpha into the opacity map in 3DS Max. I exported as FBX and the transparency does not work when I import it into Realflight.

Did you mark the material in max and ~alpha or ~canopy prefix?

I've tried assigning ~alpha and ~canopy and the transparency still does not show up. Is there a specific method on getting alpha to show up?

Probably a dumb question, but you did adjust the opacity of the alpha channel in either PS or gimp, correct?

This is what I've got set up right now. The TGA file is 32bit with alpha. The mesh is named ~alpha_treeline_01. The exported FBX is named Treeline.fbx.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 12
This is what I've got set up right now. The TGA file is 32bit with alpha. The mesh is named ~alpha_treeline_01. The exported FBX is named Treeline.fbx.

The ~alpha, ~SBS and ~canopy go here not on the mesh
attachment.php

Attachments

• Where canopy and alpha go.jpg
    Where canopy and alpha go.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 32
Back