Airport / scenery editor for RF Drone?

manowell

I just got RealFlight Drone to practice with (on RF product I own). I see airports in the Swap Pages here, can they be brought into Drone? Is there an editor I can use to model a basic house and farm?

Thanks,

Marc

These functions are reserved for full RF7, 6, 5, 4, and 3 versions. RF-X also does not have this functionality.

The good thing is that RF7.5 is available to you simply by purchasing the upgrade version of the software for around $65. You can find it cheaper at times throughout the year.

These functions are reserved for full RF7, 6, 5, 4, and 3 versions. RF-X also does not have this functionality.

The good thing is that RF7.5 is available to you simply by purchasing the upgrade version of the software for around $65. You can find it cheaper at times throughout the year.

Yeah, from further research I'd kind of thought that might be the answer. But I'm assuming (also from reading here) that :

-- I'll have two separate installed products,
-- I can't move aircraft between them,
-- and might not be able to put new new airport in the Drone product, which is where I want it?

Yeah, from further research I'd kind of thought that might be the answer. But I'm assuming (also from reading here) that :

-- I'll have two separate installed products,
-- I can't move aircraft between them,
-- and might not be able to put new new airport in the Drone product, which is where I want it?

Correct on all 3, but realflight 7.5 has almost all the models from the Drone Edition. You probably won't need Drone Edition anymore.

Correct on all 3, but realflight 7.5 has almost all the models from the Drone Edition. You probably won't need Drone Edition anymore.

Thanks, guys!

For what it's worth, I play more in the photography field than that flight field, although I've been a flight enthusiast my whole life. I've lived vicariously through RC buddies in that realm, and do understand motor, controller, and battery technology to a decent extent.

I know there are drones, then racing drones and filming drones. I'm fascinated by all three, but am wanting to do what I can with a simulator to get the "right" photo/video drone, right now I'm most interested in the Phantom 4 and Inspire 1. From what I've seen with RealFlight Drone, I'm not afraid of either of them performance-wise, depending on how close the "models" are.

But drone racing/aerobatics/agility flight is something I'll sneak up on with a different bird. :)

All advice, comments, etc. are welcome and invited.

Looking at it online now, from what I can tell RealFlight 7.5 only shows three drones from looking at the pictures:
  • Gaui 330X-S Quad Flyer
  • Heli-Max 1SQ
  • Quadcopter

are the rest in an update, and where could I find that list? (Namely, are Quadcopter X and Octocopter 1000 in there?)

7.5 has aircraft editor and airport editor?

Thanks again,

Marc

Looking at it online now, from what I can tell RealFlight 7.5 only shows three drones from looking at the pictures:
  • Gaui 330X-S Quad Flyer
  • Heli-Max 1SQ
  • Quadcopter

are the rest in an update, and where could I find that list? (Namely, are Quadcopter X and Octocopter 1000 in there?)

7.5 has aircraft editor and airport editor?

Thanks again,

Marc

Tricopter 900 (and Manual Modes variant)
Explorer 580
H4 Quadcopter 520
X8 Quadcopter 1260
Dead Cat Quadcopter 580 (Quadcopter Trials challenge reward)
Hexacopter 780 (and GPS Modes variant)
Octocopter 1000
Eldritch Copter (Scavenger Hunt challenge reward)

Yes, Realflight 7.5 has those multirotors and all the others except a few racers, and the Hubsan quad. 7.5 has editors for both the aircraft and the airports and you can use any aircraft and airport found on the swap pages. Quadcopter X was in Realflight 7.0 and was carried over to 7.5.

Last edited:
RealFlight 7.5 Stock Multi Rotor

This was a list I made, some time ago.

Attachments

• RealFlight7.5 Multi Rotor.jpg
    RealFlight7.5 Multi Rotor.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
I got my RF 7.5 Upgrade today, and it wants a serial number in a format I don't have. Can I upgrade from Drone, or did I just waste time and $$$? The support site says:

Can I upgrade to RealFlight 7.5?
Answer

If you currently own RealFlight G3.x, G4.x, G5.x, or 6.x, you can purchase/use the RealFlight 7.5 Upgrade.

It requires the serial number from the upgrade and the serial number from the back of the interlink. Other people have successfully upgraded like you have so it works.

It requires the serial number from the upgrade and the serial number from the back of the interlink. Other people have successfully upgraded like you have so it works.

There WAS no serial number on the upgrade, so I was trying to use the one from Drone, and failing.

Have engaged with RF tech support and sent pictures, should get a serial number back.

Thanks for the help!

RF7.5 Upgrade Serial Numbers

These are the Locations of the Serial Numbers for RealFlight 7.5 Upgrade, Installation.

Attachments

• RF7.5 Serial  Numbers.JPG
    RF7.5 Serial Numbers.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 13
I agree on the sticker location. Just didn't have one. Tech support was pretty quick emailing me one, though, so it worked out.

A

Back