airports

apollo_13

i have a question about a 3-d airport
in one airport, i put a ultra sport 150 ft in the air to make it look like it is flying
but as soon as i save and go back to the sim, the plane falls
is there a way that i can lock the plane 150 ft in the air???

suspended objects

You have to change the "z" of x,y,z postions. Set the Z to 150 ft. Like in Bad Ace Obstacle Course....those planes that look like they are sitting on top the platforms are really just suspended at the correct height. Remember, as in "The Matrix" there is no spoon....lol.

One other thing, while adding objects to an existing photo field, I have had my objects move on me everytime I save them. That, and how the views doesn't mate with the ground correctly in chase or cockpit, is why I started making them from scratch.

Last edited:
suspended plane

Make sure you are changing the correct z. It's the relative position z, not the orientation degrees. I just put a full scale cesna 150 ft up in evergreen airport, it stayed? If that doesn't work, it's something else, try using a different type "static scenery object" plane? Something isn't right (obviously), it really is as easy as that.

Last edited:
hmm
i changed the relative position
but my idea was to have the ultra sport in the air and one of those cardboard cut outs of a guy flying to simulate an active airport
that idea is all urs bad ace

solution

It appears the solution would be for you to go into add ons 1, airport objects, and pick one of those planes. I'm sure this is the problem. that's my story and I'm stickin' to it. :cool:

Some objects are purposely "moveable" if your plane impacts them.

Hint: These will fall from the sky if not placed on another surface. The other surface can be transparent or a z-buffer object.

Good point

opjose said:
Some objects are purposely "moveable" if your plane impacts them.

Hint: These will fall from the sky if not placed on another surface. The other surface can be transparent or a z-buffer object.

Forgot to talk about that stuff. It's so easy to show someone how to do something, so much harder to describe it. I learned with trial and error. Lol, it took me a week to do the first and most simple airport. OMG I remember getting so frustrated. The x,y,z orientation degrees really got under my skin at first. ie: making the rings curve left and slant down at the same time. Like all my C.A.D. programs, just have to get used to them. Thanks for helping me explain Opjose.

I'm trying...

When you highlight each of these things on the left, it tells you what each thing does. I'm not saying it's easy to understand. "zboost" is kind of like layering a picture (what's in the foreground, what's in the background) the order in which things are drawn in the virtual world. I think Opjose is talking about the "depth buffer only" I'm sorry since I learned on my own, I'm not sure I know how to describe it right. LOL, reminds me of my algebra clasess (way back when), it was easy for me to solve the problems, but hard for me to put it into an equation. Opjose might be able to help more than I can. I'm sorry I appear to be "Sofa King Wee Todd Didd. :eek: I'm just not a good teacher.

Last edited:
Bad Ace said:
I think Opjose is talking about the "depth buffer only" I'm sorry since I learned on my own, I'm not sure I know how to describe it right.

Yup, right on the nose.

Zboost indicates the draw precedence.

Depth Buffer Rendering only makes an object "invisible" but it remains collideable, and hence can "hold up" those objects that tend to fall on their own.

Back