All I did was change my hard drive then....

GBR2

I recently updated to a larger hard drive. I used Drive Copy to copy everything over to the new drive. All was right with the world till I tried to run G2. Remember everything was the same except for a new hard drive.

First it no longer had a serial number and I was told to reinstall G2. OK, but upon trying to install, it wouldn't do the process because it was an upgrade disc and it wanted a directory where Deluxe or Standard RealFlight was but of course no longer existed.

So I have to uninstall G2, install Deluxe, run the upgrade, reboot machine, run G2 and there it was a white screen. No problem just update to the latest version. Open control panel, oops, must register first. So I register. Of course, you have to go through all the can't connect to this server, maybe the secondary server is Ok, should I try crap. I register. Shut down and machine and reboot. Back on line, go to update, oh need to update control panel, does that, closes it down, opens again. No, can't get to primary server, OK I'll try the secondary, wait a minute, the control panel needs to finish its update first. OOPs, control panel performed illegal operation and will shut down. Reboot computer, retry, OOps, control panel performed illegal operation. Shutdown, reboot twice more, same ****.

OK, found I could download control panel file. Did that, ran program, it said it updated, OK back on line. OOps, have to register again, after no primary and then on to the secondary server. OOPs, control panel once again performed illegal operation.

Uninstall G2 again, reboot. Install deluxe, install G2, reboot, run control panel file again. Get on to internet. OOps, have to register again. Reboot, try to upgrade to latest version, OOPs, need to update control panel again, OOPs Control Panel copy launch has something wrong with it. Looks like there are now two versions of the file, one is zero bites. Delete file, rename other one for .exe extension and uncheck archive tag. Reboot again, get on internet, try control panel again. Have to register again. Reboot machine. On internet, open control panel, try to upgrade, no primary server, OK try secondary, no go. Shutdown computer. Restart, try again, get through to secondary server and it starts 592 download. G2 updated successfully. Reboot. Launch G2, wants G2 disc, put in computer locks. Reset, turn off, restart. Try again, yea! G2 runs and all it right with the world 3.5 hours after I started

And all I did was up put in a larger hard drive.

Shame on Knife Edge for making the upgrading feature so laborous. What's wrong with maybe having the machine check your disc or program somehow and just letting you download the necessary files without all this stupid Internet crap. G2 is nice but I've never seen a worst piece of crap software as far as consumer ease of use goes.

I AGREE

I AGREE 100% WITH YOU!
"Shame on Knife Edge for making the upgrading feature so laborous."
ALL I WANTED TO DO WAS UPGRADE FROM G2 LITE TO THE FULL G2. I'VE NOW SPENT ABOUT 15 HOURS AT THE COMPUTER TRYING TO GET IT STRAIGHTENED OUT. THE FIRST 5 HOURS WAS SPENT JUST TRYING TO REGISTER, SO I COULD GET SOME HELP. THE END IS NOT IN SIGHT. OF COURSE, IT'S MY OWN FAULT. I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER AFTER GOING THROUGH PRACTICALLY THE SAME PROCESS WHEN I ORIGINALLY INSTALLED G2 LITE A YEAR AGO. YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE TO BE A COMPUTER WIZARD TO INSTALL A GAME ON YOUR COMPUTER. YOU SHOULD ONLY HAVE TO PUT THE DISK IN THE DRIVE--TAKE THE DISK OUT OF THE DRIVE--THEN, PLAY THE GAME. WHAT IF ONLY MASTER MECHANICS WERE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO COULD DRIVE A CAR?

Back