All issues .048 feed back thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason EVERY time I try to connect to "chaz's fun fly"
It always load's whatever session is listed directly above his
On the MP list ??
Could this be because he's running .047 and not .048?
He does not state in the mp menu which vers. hes running

Just so people know 047 and 048 are compatible.

opjose,

Well look into the CTD with the aircraft you said. Can you give me a link to the exact one please. That way there is no mistake on testing it.

Thanks Chris McVey

Ok

JimmyG said:
Michael Did you have the aircraft he was flting? I have found that if you don't have the aircraft that the other person is flying then you won't be able to see their stick movements. I have noticed this in all versions I have tried to date.

Mr Cool flying a Extra300L has entered the flying area.
You do not have the aircraft being flown by Mr Cool. An appropriate default will be used

So, my bad. Thanks for clearing that up.

Couldn't there be a repository somewhere on line where if you don't have someone's plane it's maybe DLed for the session? I suppose that's been tossed about before.

Regards
Michael

Chris McVey said:
Thanks Chris McVey
Thats what I thought
just don't know why I'm not connecting to the session I'm intending to connect to
could it be some kind of port issue on his end?
I have no problem connecting with any other sessions
only his

Last edited:
Chris McVey said:

opjose,

Well look into the CTD with the aircraft you said. Can you give me a link to the exact one please. That way there is no mistake on testing it.

Thanks Chris McVey

See: Pogo Link

- It tends to happen with many user created models, particularly those with more complex paint schemes or larger tga sizes.

This was not as problematic before with prior releases but once we got into the .03x set of updates and above I've seen it with high frequency.

- Also the DirectX CTD occurs if you load say a later revision of a whole plane and the EA of the earlier version is installed.

This is another bug that has never been eradicated.

I'm not using a router and the exceptions are enabled for Real flight. I get the pnp message saying the problem is with the router, which I don't have. The rF shuts down. Any Suggestions?

Vidpers Den, what kind of modem are you using? And do you use DSL, cable, or something else? Your modem probably does Network Address Translation, which is, in essence, a router.

What kind of internet connection do you have? ....
Who is your Internet provider?
What kind of modem are you using?
Are you using XP or Vista?
Aside from listing RF as an exception
You will need to enable certain ports in your firewall for Multi Player to work
These ports are:
61234 through 61250
And
61300 through 61316
both using the UDP Protocal

I have a cable connection using a Motorola Sb5120 Surfboard Modem
Cox is the provider
Windows XP with the latest service packs.

I went to the firewall and selected Real Flight and then selected Add port. Another box appears, it asks for a name and a port. I put Real Flight G4 in the name and in the port I tried putting the numbers in but it didn' t like it. I selected the UDP as well.

How do I add the ports?

It appears that your modem does not support NAT, so you must be using a software firewall that is blocking the ports. The maj. set up a profile to open 1 port at a time in the Windows firewall, and it worked for him. Do you have another program, such as ZoneAlarm or Bitdefender running? Any firewall you are running would need to be configured.

yyyeeeup!
How\ what you name them does not really matter
I had it easier than most.
My modem does not have an internal router or fire wall
So in the XP fire wall
I just named each port
RF1
RF2
RF3
And so on..
and every thing work's fine for me :D

Last edited:
Vidpers Den said:
How do I add the ports?

You have to add an entry for each port, all 32 of them. I posted some code here with instructions that will open the ports for you. Run the commands and once they're done you should have all 32 ports open in the firewall and that should clear up your connection problems given there are no other issues preventing you from connecting.

Hope that helps!

js3862 said:
I can assure you that the software does work for MP when access to the ports are open.

Try using the tool located at http://www.portforward.com/help/portcheck.htm to check to see if your ports are open. It's free and has proven to be quite helpful in determining if ports are really open or not.

Follow-up with whoever your provider is if your ports come back as blocked even when not using a hardware firewall. DO make the proper exceptions in you Windows or third party software and don't simply turn off your software firewall if connecting directly to the Internet.

ok maby you all can help i downloaded the program and its showing all ports blocked i did the port range and and still blocked. i have a Linksys wrt54g and i am using the windows firewall. i have to be missing something. COD4, Battelfield 2, SWG C&C no problems low pings but G 4.5 no connect. thank you for all the help thus far and still no reply from tech support on ether subject

Navy1, what kind of service are you using? Cable, DSL, etc? I had better luck with DSL in the past putting the modem in bridged mode, and having the WRT54G do the log in, not the modem.

Navy_1 said:
ok maby you all can help i downloaded the program and its showing all ports blocked i did the port range and and still blocked. i have a Linksys wrt54g and i am using the windows firewall. i have to be missing something. COD4, Battelfield 2, SWG C&C no problems low pings but G 4.5 no connect. thank you for all the help thus far and still no reply from tech support on ether subject

Ok,so with the exceptions made in windows firewall did you again test without the Linksys in the mix? If not, try that again as that will tell us whether or not it's a network issue or an issue with your Linksys. If you connect without the router in the way then it should be pretty straight forward in getting the ports to forward to your computer.

Since you have a few games configured I'll assume that you have at least basic understanding of how to configure port forwarding in your router. If you could provide a screenshot of your routers "Applications and Gaming" tab and the output of the "ipconfig /all" command entered in a command prompt. These seem like basic things to say but, make sure you are configuring UDP and not TCP and that you are forwarding the packets to the correct static IP address.

Hope this is helping.

csgill75 said:
One small Issue i have with .048 is on the Aircraft Editor I can no longer adjust the Pitch of the props on quite a few aircraft. in fact my B-17 that is stock from the program has no pitch and doesn't Fly either.

I have looked at this in house and do not see what you are. You might try a reset to default in the launcher. Please give some feed back after you have reset to defaults.

Also if anyone else could chime in if they have seen this issue .

Thanks Chris McVey

Ok, so I opened up all the ports checked them with the portforward and there all open and I still can't get multiplayer to connect. I get the same error message about the router. What next?
I have the one firewall and one antivirus software. Everything I do on-line works but this, and it used to work fine. :confused:
Thank you to all that have helped, just looking forward to getting this working again so I can get my one half hour of freedom a week back. :)

Same Router/Firewall Problem

I was using verson 36 and had no issues with my LinkSys router. RF connnected without incident.

Now with 48, I have the same problem as above.

I intend to uninstall it and go back to 36.

Most games I have will somehow cause the router and firewall to adjust their settings after a first attempt to connect with a previously unknown web site. That seemed to be what RF 36 was doing. Not 48 though. Having to go into the router/firewall and configure it to work with an applicaiton is a bit too much to ask if that can be automated, which it has been for me in other games.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back