"An unexpected error has occurred" when selecting an airport

seabirdman

Every time and every airport. Was true in RF9.5 and 9.5S. I run Win10 under Parallels on a rather tricked out iMac with 64GB of RAM. Help! Literally no one is helping me anywhere....

Attachments

• %22unexpected error%22.png
    %22unexpected error%22.png
    166.3 KB · Views: 7
Man that's a real bummer.

Since I've never seen that before nor have I heard anyone mention it, I recommend creating a new, additional Parallels virtual machine and install RealFlight there to see if the same thing happens.
  • If it still happens, find out what the commonalities are between your two virtual machines. Since that's one of those annoying unexpected errors that gives no information about what actually went wrong, there's the frustrating possibility that the Parallels setup is itself the culprit. ??
  • If the error goes away, then obviously there's something amiss with your first virtual machine.

Last edited:
Appreciate both suggestions, really any suggestions at this point. HH recommended I reinstall RF with all firewalls off. I did this with his last install....but reluctantly because on previous install when I did that I got a nasty email trojan virus slipped through, or, as I felt came in with the RF installer.....anyway, I have never, in almost 3 years had a stable install. it is a constant hack. Yet, I have really improved on the sticks becasue by hook or crook, I get planes to fly! but now, with no other airports, it sucks. I cannot uninstall all my airport. Right now, only the default Eli works...

Just reinstalled for umpteenth time WITH FIREWALLS DISABLED. And the same error as below when I try to load any airport other than Eli. So, I am at a loss.....tired of flying around Eli all the time. But air is air and at least I am flying.....love that new Draco airframe....almost thinking of buying this plane but I would rather build one myself I think....

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 3.20.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 3.20.55 PM.png
    893.1 KB · Views: 9
reinstalled another 3 times - still no luck. Cannot make any changes to airports without throwing the error
An unexpected error has occurred. Would you like to send an error report to Knife Edge Software? and either choice I make in that screen crashes RF9.5S

Back