Another lost registration key

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBlanton

I haven't seen any reports of success but I'll post my problem like the others I've read on this forum.

Purchased RF Deluxe years ago. Still have the disk and controller but none of the original packaging. Is there any chance to get help from Knife Edge Customer Support? This is my first attempt at contact. Would the serial number on the controller be proof of purchase?

Thanks for any help or advice,
MBlanton

I see this request in about all of the RF forums. I have never seen KE respond to the forums. I do know from personal experience that if you call KE tech support, that's where you're going to get the help you need. Pick up your phone, it is your only option to solve this problem.

MBlanton,

It would be best for you to contact Great Planes Software Support. They should be able to help you out. Their contact information is available here.

And for the record, I happen to work for KE and I respond to message on these and other forums quite frequently.

My apologies Vitek. I know you work for KE. What I should have said, (and what I meant) is that I have never seen KE solve the lost key problem in the forums. It really takes a phone call. I have, of course, seen yours and others' help with numerous other issues.

vitek said:
MBlanton,

It would be best for you to contact Great Planes Software Support. They should be able to help you out. Their contact information is available here.

And for the record, I happen to work for KE and I respond to message on these and other forums quite frequently.

Thank you both for your advice and sorry for being so late to log back in. I'll give GP Software support a call tonight.

I finally called tech support and they were great in giving me a key code that would work. Actually, I got two codes. I mistakingly asked for the Deluxe code and got it. Then when it didn't work I realized that I have the Deluxe Upgrade version. One more phone call and got the right code.

Now I have a new problem. Deluxe Upgrade installs and then disapears. I can't find a link nor short cut anywhere. I tried to start it by inserting the disk and select run but it then prompts me for the main disk and loads the classic version.

Any tips?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back