Another Noobee question

terence_jordan

Folks, I have been a part of the forum for quite a while but have not been involved much due to moving away from the hobby and developing for FSX and P3d. I recently got back in and decided to create my own planes which I couldn't find on the swap pages. It is a DAMN sight easier to do than aircraft for FSX, let me tell you. Anyway my question is this, I have recently created two planes and was thinking of uploading them to the swap pages. They are an ultimate bi-plane and a version of the E-flite UMX P3 Revolution. However, I have no idea about flight dynamics and use the option to alaise them to aircraft that I already have in my library (downloaded from the swap pages). So what permissions do I need and from whom so as not to breach any copyrights/piss off other developers. Any advice would be very welcome. Many thanks in advance. TJ

Folks, I have been a part of the forum for quite a while but have not been involved much due to moving away from the hobby and developing for FSX and P3d. I recently got back in and decided to create my own planes which I couldn't find on the swap pages. It is a DAMN sight easier to do than aircraft for FSX, let me tell you. Anyway my question is this, I have recently created two planes and was thinking of uploading them to the swap pages. They are an ultimate bi-plane and a version of the E-flite UMX P3 Revolution. However, I have no idea about flight dynamics and use the option to alaise them to aircraft that I already have in my library (downloaded from the swap pages). So what permissions do I need and from whom so as not to breach any copyrights/piss off other developers. Any advice would be very welcome. Many thanks in advance. TJ

I know we have at least two Ultimates one stock and one in one of the expasion packs and one (or more?) P3 Revoultion (not UMX). I am not sure how to accurately tune a 3d plane

uploading other peoples work (EA's not AV's) From here (KE swap pages) is a no no and the moderators will pull it down. I have seen a few planes (EA's) get renamed and reposted my some one else don't know what happened to the users that did it.

Uploading planes from fsx and p3d or old video games is a grey aera read the "read me" file or legal stuff you proboly wont get caught do to the size of the sim/site. it has been done before and the ones I know of are still up. I personally see posting other peoples work as your own as lazy but you do you. I have converted a bunch of planes from cfs2,fsx,fs2004,fs2000, and p3d they are just flying test beds and are not full developed for reposting just to poke around with

But in gerenal if you made the EA you can post it, group projects I like to see credits for you did what but that is what I like. av's anyone can repost the variant for free and no one will bat an eye and you will get some downloads and same with cs.

Last edited:
Thanks for the answer Legoman. No I was not going to post my work from FSX, thats way too complex. I have created my own models in 3ds Max but they use other people's flight dynamics. Is that considered an EA or is it considered an AV. This is what is confusing me. Cheers

Thanks for the answer Legoman. No I was not going to post my work from FSX, thats way too complex. I have created my own models in 3ds Max but they use other people's flight dynamics. Is that considered an EA or is it considered an AV. This is what is confusing me. Cheers

If it's your 3d model then you can post the EA with no problem whatsoever. Copying the physics from one aircraft to your 3D model isn't that big of a issue since that can be easily changed by the individual user if they decide they need to change it for whatever reason. Anyone can edit flight physics.

The AV is what I would create if I used your model and changed the flight physics to my liking. Anyone can post the AV but only you can post the EA.

I would think that it would be fair to give credit for using someone else’s physics. That is not trivial and an important part of the work as is the color scheme. If you use someone’s work mention it in the comments when you upload.

On another note; In my opinion, it would be nice if everyone would explain what controls what on the aircraft description page in the aircraft editor.

I would think that it would be fair to give credit for using someone else’s physics. That is not trivial and an important part of the work as is the color scheme. If you use someone’s work mention it in the comments when you upload.

On another note; In my opinion, it would be nice if everyone would explain what controls what on the aircraft description page in the aircraft editor.

Yes, I would certainly give credit for other peoples physics but do you think that I should ask for permission before I use them or just giving credit is enough.

I start out with something close and modify to suit me. That way, it is not plagiarism. Once you get going, you will find it to be not that difficult. There are also guys here willing to work with you on the physics. Just ask. Most of what you are asking should be in the designer’s forum below.

I don’t post any of my work. What FX planes have you worked on?

Last edited:
I start out with something close and modify to suit me. That way, it is not plagiarism. Once you get going, you will find it to be not that difficult. There are also guys here willing to work with you on the physics. Just ask. Most of what you are asking should be in the designer’s forum below.

I don’t post any of my work. What FX planes have you worked on?

Ahh ok, many thanks for the reply. The planes I have worked on are for my own use. Things that are mainly forbidden fruit in the mainstream, such as the gulfstream g550.

My feeling is if you have questions about whether or not to post something don't. I have many models others have done work on I have also taken the time to help with or modify. Some are even from FSX while others are works never shared but done specifically for Realflight. The most recent one is a half scale Cessna 206.

Last edited:
For what it's worth...
I have posted variants of aircraft with different physics and color scheme. If you have both, posting as a variant only delivers the physics, then the CS has to be posted separate. If you select 'Export/Entire aircraft, then both the physics and color scheme are transferred, but the aircraft is labeled an "EA". Since it was not my original design, I try to give credit to the originator. Although there is no crime committed, I didn't want to plagiarize. There is a good deal of thought and work that goes into a design … sometimes even a variant !

Back