Any G4 owners miss G3?

Any one miss G3 even though you have G4? I had some really good times on G3 and thats really something G4 can't bring to me, that good old time. G4 is still great but i can't get that same feeling G3 gave me.

Blade Scraper said:
Any one miss G3 even though you have G4? I had some really good times on G3 and thats really something G4 can't bring to me, that good old time. G4 is still great but i can't get that same feeling G3 gave me.
Nope, I don't miss G3 at all. I kept G3 when I got G4 and use it more than I use the new one

I also have both and use G4 more than G3 but have that option. Blade! There's an old saying that comes to mind (Oh No! Not another old saying), but "The grass ALWAYS looks greener on the other side"... and you can follow that up with, "until you get there".

Coming from behind ...

Just got my G4 yesterday, and after an uneventful installation and registration and update, and after I imported MY Add-ons 1 and 2 (while still lusting for 3, 4 and 5), I've spent the day importing *.rfx EAs and AVs from the Swap pages. Because of the novelty, I'm getting a kick out of the water and the floatplanes/seaplanes ... but I expect that to pass, unless of course I buy/build a real world floater ... in which case G4 might continue to be more useful than G3.5. Anyone thinking about E-flite's DHC-2 Beaver with floats for G4?
See http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=EFL4525

I don't miss G3 at all either.
G4 has everything G3 had and more......

Perhaps you miss the G3 multiplayer people.
The younger kids use Realflight for other purposes other than what it's primary purpose is for.

Good riddance G3!

Well, G3 taught me how to fly helicopters, land planes hover and many other things, thats why i miss it. It's like an airplane that you've been attached to and then sold it.

I am starting to warm to G4 now after many of the issues with it have been fixed by the updates. I miss the way the certain planes react to my controls with the interlink elite in G4 but the increased editing options are a plus.

Can anyone confirm which yak flies like a real rc would, i've never owned one but would like to in the near future. Is the G4 yak simulated properly or is it the one from G3? which is closer to the real thing?

I still have both but spend almost all of my time on G4. The move from G2 to G3 was harder for me since my computer at the time could not handle G3 at high frame rates.

Carl

I still have both... and only fire up G3 when I need to check a plane's compatibility or difference with the prior version...

Other than that, there's nothing to miss.

I still have G3 launcher on my desktop, to tell you the truth I don't even know why!
yes I might had missed G3 when I 1st got G4 because of the many sessions G4 lacked at that time, But now .. I do not miss it at all!
I'm over it :D

i don't have g4 yet (cant bring myself to spend that much) i want it but they could've came out with an update like the one for g3 to make it g3.5. that would've been nice. but i know once i get g4 and a computer that will run it at its best g3 will not be missed

disturbed666 said:
...but they could've came out with an update like the one for g3...
This was also discussed when G3 came out. Many people complained that there was RF Deluxe to G2 upgrade available, but not one from G2 to G3. That's KE's call.

Is it KE's call or RealFlight's (GreatPlanes) call? It would be interesting to know how those two businesses split the decision making.

I've read where KE is just a vendor to RealFlight, producing the software for their product. Yet, KE does all of the trade shows, expo's, etc. for RealFlight, representing themselves as the producer of the product.

Just seems like a rather interesting business arrangement. Unlike anything I've seen or been associated with. It makes me wonder just who is the decision maker. Not that they'd ever actually tell us, it's still interesting to ponder.

Law said:
Just seems like a rather interesting business arrangement. Unlike anything I've seen or been associated with. It makes me wonder just who is the decision maker. Not that they'd ever actually tell us, it's still interesting to ponder.

i think great planes has got a lot to do with it or KE could just split and do this with other brands. if it was KE's call i think we'd be seeing everything from sig to even goldberg in this sim

You may be right, if the decisions were entirely up to KE we'd probably see a lot more then just Hobbico products ... But, since Hobbico owns GreatPlanes and GreatPlanes now owns Goldberg, Lanier and <?> I would think that we will see all of those manufacturers represented in RealFlight. As well as a lot of "non-R/C" aircraft, like the new autogyro, Dornier Do-24ATT, deHavilland Beaver, Republic RC-3 SeaBee and AH-64 Apache from Expansion Pack 5. Maybe those all were KE's contributions since they don't represent any R/C manufacturer nor do they even look like R/C aircraft.

Getting back to the original question - I'll admit that I use G3.5 at least as much as I do G4 and quite possibly even more. The unrealistic physics in G4 just turn me off. When I use a simulator I want things to be as real as they can be so that I can actually get some "real" practice in. Hovering with too much rudder and elevator control isn't real. I prefer practice that I'll benefit from, which is why I run the sim with the physics set at 120%. Plus, I'm not a water pilot, although it is interesting to fly off of occasion, and I don't care for all of the video game aspects - it just seems to me that G4, with it's pirate ships and the like is getting further from a real R/C simulator then G3.5. But, G4 is the future so I'll keep it and use it occasionally hoping that things improve.

Last edited:
Can't resist!

Of course, I can't dump my G3.5 until KE comes through with my Add-ons 3-5 for G4. How's that for beating a dead horse? Leaning on the elephant finally got us Add-ons 1 and 2, but 3 through 5 are not yet in sight (and save the "impatience" lecture, guys ... I got it; I got it!)

Appreciate the shove many of you gave me to get me into G4. Loving it, as you said I would. Even seriously contemplating my first real-world seaplane (DHC-2 Beaver on floats). But, now and then I just need a "fix" with the stuff that's only available in those last few add-ons to 3.5, including my old favorite tilt-rotor.

Back