Any interest in the Slopeaerobatics LeFish glider?

Job Done.I did a rough physics setup and Colourscheme too.It flies really nice,give it a try.

Attachments

• LeFish_EA.RFX
    7.4 MB · Views: 15
  • ScreenShot1366147847.jpg
    ScreenShot1366147847.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 16
  • ScreenShot1366147253.jpg
    ScreenShot1366147253.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 17
Nice work, thank you!

Does anyone have any requests or ideas for color schemes? I'm going to put 3 together to start- one that looks like Nemo from Finding Nemo, a plain white one, and one that utilizes some transparency to show off the holes in the wings.

Here's the Aircraft varient. I got it flying very close to my real one. Now RF doesn't simulate the penetration very well when the wind is higher. The plane flies very accurate in it's "real world wind speed zone" which is 10-16mph. Make sure that the wind speed if you take it to SeNavada Cliff that the wind speed in the green says around 9 or 10 because the speed indicator tile will say 14mph. Anything higher than 16mph the plane becomes unrealaistic. It sholdn't penetrate the wind anymore at that speed, but in Real Flight it does...

The controls are pretty simple. Throttle stick has a butterfly flap system, and to do the flips the snap flap mix is on the smoke switch.

Attachments

• LeFish Matt _AV.rfx
    36.8 KB · Views: 5
Version 2 made from Inkys EA so that the colorscheme would load.

The Snap flap mix doesn't completely override the flaps like they do in my radio, so it is better to do the flips without it. Pull up elevator and give full throttle for up flap, or down elevator and low throttle for down flap.

Attachments

• LeFishV2_AV.rfx
    42.9 KB · Views: 9
Yeah. I have disabled it now. You can do it by going under radio... CH1 and CH5 the complex input that has Pitch as the control. Delete that on both C5 and CH1.

Sounds good. This is coming along quite well!

I must add, I've been flying this thing on and off to test various things- and this plane is an absolute blast to fly. If this is anything like the real thing, I'm jealous of those that can slope!

Last edited:
Well, here it is, the latest EA of the LeFish!

Please test it out, let me know if there's any issues before I release it to the swaps.

Thanks to everyone who's helped out :)

Attachments

• Le Fish_EA.RFX
    4.2 MB · Views: 5
  • ScreenShot1366167903.jpg
    ScreenShot1366167903.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 21
  • ScreenShot1366171261.jpg
    ScreenShot1366171261.jpg
    331.2 KB · Views: 18
  • ScreenShot1366171378.jpg
    ScreenShot1366171378.jpg
    282 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
I only have the white colorscheme. Is it the only one in that file? Other than that it seems to fly quite well, at least it looks like the videos I have seen of Le Fish. I keep crashing it, which is probably what I would do in real life, so that says something!

P.S. Thank you for making the colorscheme shapes easy to identify. I have started playing with colorschemes and sometimes the boundaries are not clear. :)

Last edited:
Is it completely white, or does it still have the black canopy?

Edit: Okay, so I did a fresh "install" of the Le Fish to see what goes on. I deleted all of the files associated with the plane and imported the EA that I posted above. I get two errors- one says "There are no colorschemes associated with the base vehicle LeFish", and one that says "The aircraft variant LeFish1 could not be loaded. It is based on a aircraft you do not have"

What's going on here?

Last edited:
It has the black canopy. I did the same thing, I deleted the previous files, and as I remember I had errors on importing.

I just imported your RFX and everything went fine.I only have the white scheme but thats ok as you can only export one CS with an EA anyway.You will have to post the others as CS files on the swaps.

Oh! I thought you could have multiple CS's tied to an EA.

And Imageek- I was able to get the errors to stop happening by going to Simulation > Mange User Files > Aircraft > Imported Aircraft and deleting anything I could find related to the LeFish. I also went through the Realflight folder in My Documents, and cleared out everything I could find that I thought might be associated. Then, I re-imported the finished EA, and things seem to be working now. I think all of the different files we downloaded while working on this project were conflicting with eachother.

So are we in concurrence that the file is working correctly, and is ready to be added to the swaps?

Last edited:
The reason you are getting the "The aircraft variant LeFish1 could not be loaded"error is that the variant in your EA is called LeFish not LeFish1.

Oh! I thought you could have multiple CS's tied to an EA.

So are we in concurrence that the file is working correctly, and is ready to be added to the swaps?
You can have as many CS files linked to the EA as you like but you can only export one with the EA file.

It all seems fine to me.

Yeah. It's ready for the swaps. Just make sure when you export the .EA file you have the color scheme that you want to come with it is selected and on the plane. Then you can upload other CS files to go with it.

Did Doug (dhk79) end up helping at all on this? I know he said he'd help out with the physics. I want to make sure everyone gets credit that helped.

Inky- I've exported your colorscheme that you made, with the intent of packaging multiple colorschemes into the EA. Since that's not possible, do you want to upload the CS so that it shows you as the uploader?

Back