Any models available on skis?

Gonna try that program that tnorton linked . I have been using photoshops stitcher or the pano program that came with my Canon G9 ....trust me using either of those you do need the tripod level ...nice to see that things have progressed some!! BTW... I know all about nodal points
but if PTGUI handles parallax as well as it claims nodal points now seems like a moot point :D

Here use to be a really nice Photo Field called Winter Mix. But it looks like it had been removed.

I was planing on putting a Citabria on Skis before I figured out the limitation of RF to handle skis.

Test Ski model

Here you go try this for a test

I shortened the COLL -MESH of the back of the skies and bent the back up a bit. I added a MP to the skis controlled by the Gear switch. On G3.5 Interlink. Start your taxi low seep dear down ( switch away from you ) as you pick up some speed ( enough to start lifting the tail ) place the gear up ( switch towards you ). This will rock the ski forwards and make it look like it is riding on the skies.

Again this is just a test to see if it is worth the bother to do it on a real model. The plane is light just an electric setup, bounces funny sometimes because the skis are not wheels hehe

I cant not test it in G5 but it works in G3.5+ hehe

If you want the Gear switch to work in Reverse , go to the Electronic section and change server reverse yes/no option

Attachments

• SKI2.JPG
    SKI2.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 9
  • quick3_EA.G3X
    213.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Posibilities...

could the ski be done like the p-51 combat, where the skis move based on the speed of the aircraft, or in the case of the p-51, when the air craft reaches a certain speed, the gear retracts...

myfly021 said:
could the ski be done like the p-51 combat, where the skis move based on the speed of the aircraft, or in the case of the p-51, when the air craft reaches a certain speed, the gear retracts...

That is done in the physics editor.

As long as a physics editor object definition can be linked to a component with a hinge point, etc. it would work.

I don't have G5 so I'm not sure. I know I can set it up on the throttle stick but not sure if I can set it up on speed in G3 ..

Throttle

i made an Av of one with it on the throttle stick, but it didnt look very well, as on aproach, it looks silly...

hey guys i was reading all this, and downloaded the origanal plane and used a gyro. wich i later saw was mentioned by junkboy. here it is.

Attachments

• skiiiiiiii_EA.RFX
    100.4 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
skygeezer said:
I have been through the swap pages but cannot find any models on skis. Since we get 13 months of winter every year I would like to try putting a trainer on skis for our lake. It would be fun to try this out in G5. Of course, there would also have to be a winter landscape to use it in. Is this available anywhere, in the Add-On disks, or the swap pages somewhere?

Don

I currently have in my list of conversions to RF, a scale STOL Maule Rocket, Beaver, supercub, and a couple others including new builds of Goldberg Eagle and Kaos all set for skiis. I'll be releasing them (time allowing) fairly regularly in the near future. I'm no stranger to snow either. :) Don't know where you live but up here it is a fact of life, shovel a strip nice and flat or strap on skiis.

Matt

plane guy said:
hey guys i was reading all this, and downloaded the origanal plane and used a gyro. wich i later saw was mentioned by junkboy. here it is.

Hey thanks for that I really suck at placing gyros and stuff, but that is so Cool. I have to play with it a bit to get fig of the Missing wheels errors and junk. I think it is doable to have some ski plane.. I'm not liking the scrapping on the ground sound but Hey I can live with that. THANKS for the gyro setup

DryFly said:
I currently have in my list of conversions to RF, a scale STOL Maule Rocket, Beaver, supercub, and a couple others including new builds of Goldberg Eagle and Kaos all set for skiis. I'll be releasing them (time allowing) fairly regularly in the near future. I'm no stranger to snow either. :) Don't know where you live but up here it is a fact of life, shovel a strip nice and flat or strap on skiis.

Matt
Hey DryFly Welcome to the forums.. I have offten wonder about make a few models for MS FS but never got any farther with that thought. Do you have a page some where on the net showing your MSFS work. Any who, GL on making the jump to RF :) looking forward to seeing your work

Cub

you could make a super cub, with skiis, and the skiis have a slot in them, that fits around the wheels, so that it can land on snow and a normal runway

sure thing junkboy any gyros that you need installed ask me, and if it doesn't work....scratch that, it WILL work. :)

Back