Anybody have a big stick for G3.5

Hi guys, I recently bought a big stick which I have almost finished putting together, I bought G3.5 only to find out its not compatible with add on #1 which has the big stick on there, does anybody know where I can get the a big-stick for g3.5, or can somebody export from G 3 into a format which I can import it into G3.5

i got my self a second hand copy of addons 1 it keeps coming up with errors as i try to install it, the realflight website states

Add-Ons 1 is NOT compatible with RealFlight NexSTAR Edition.'''

is there a way to get around this?

The Nexstar edition is NOT G3.5.

Since the "second hand" copy has anti-piracy protections as well, are you using an ORIGINAL CD?

Did you use the "installation fix" available via the FAQ pages?

Do you have G3.5 or the Nexstar Edition?

I'm thinking you only downloaded the free trail. Then somewhere on the net you found a pirate site that had add-ons#1, right. ;)

Pony up, G3.5 is well worth 500$. So the 210$ it sells for is a bargain. ;)

I know you are not going to say you did this, but it sure does sound like this is what you did.

No, that's not what he did. The Nexstar trainer comes with a Nexstar-only version of G3 to assist in training new pilots.

So I'm not going to accuse anyone of stealing :rolleyes:

You are right on the money MadMonkey.

The Nexstar trainger comes with the Nexstar edition of G3.

That version only has one or two planes and is NOT the "full" version of G3.

con_lambrou:

Consider what you got to be a "demo".

To use the add-ons and Expansion packs you will need to purchase the FULL version of G3 that comes with the Interlink controller.

NONE of the add-ons, expansion packs or downloadable planes will work with the Nexstar version that you have.

This is by design.

MadMonkey said:
No, that's not what he did. The Nexstar trainer comes with a Nexstar-only version of G3 to assist in training new pilots.

So I'm not going to accuse anyone of stealing :rolleyes:

I didn't know that. I still wonder what "second hand" add-ons1 means?

:cool:

i bought the original software with controller, i may have been duded with the add on, let me know where its 210, cos i paid more then that for it. second hand means some body sold up, got out of the hobby, and sold me what now seems to be a dud copy,

Last edited:
con_lambrou said:
i bought the original software with controller, i may have been duded with the add on, let me know where its 210, cos i paid more then that for it. second hand means some body sold up, got out of the hobby, and sold me what now seems to be a dud copy,

OK ok ok......sounds like I had it pegged all wrong. :eek:

G3.5 was 200 at my LHS, so I just added a few bucks. Hope you figure out how to get the add-ons1 to work. They should work just fine. :confused:

con_lambrou said:

Con,

Is your add-on 1 really old? I upgraded from RF G2 to RF G3.5. My original add-on 1 was really old, bought when it first came out. It worked fine with G2, but would not load with G3.5. I contacted KnifeEdge, they were aware of the issue, and sent me a new add-on disk that worked fine.

Hope this helps. May be your problem.

Carl

Back