Anyone get EP6 yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if has got it or not, but Led Zepplin was sitting at his door repeating "ISITHERE?!?!?!?!??!" for six or so hours last night.... :rolleyes:

Yup got mine today. :D

Attachments

• ScreenShot1241204356.jpg
    ScreenShot1241204356.jpg
    276.3 KB · Views: 89
  • ScreenShot1241204503.jpg
    ScreenShot1241204503.jpg
    365.1 KB · Views: 72
  • ScreenShot1241204602.jpg
    ScreenShot1241204602.jpg
    336.1 KB · Views: 83
  • ScreenShot1241205450.jpg
    ScreenShot1241205450.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 52
  • ScreenShot1241205845.jpg
    ScreenShot1241205845.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 57
Nice looking screenshots. It's good to see the sim running with the eye candy enabled.

Jim

opjose said:
Has anyone received their copy yet?
I see Tower has started shipping.
Ordered mine from Atlanta Hobby last week, but either GP hasn't sent out to other dealers just yet, or AH is busy with SEFF this weekend. I'd love to be in Americus, GA this weekend.

Mwehahaahaahhahahahahha :D

Attachments

• ScreenShot1241226440.jpg
    ScreenShot1241226440.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 69
  • ScreenShot1241226497.jpg
    ScreenShot1241226497.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 47
  • ScreenShot1241226546.jpg
    ScreenShot1241226546.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 62
  • ScreenShot1241226577.jpg
    ScreenShot1241226577.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 49
  • ScreenShot1241226775.jpg
    ScreenShot1241226775.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 54
Just received my copy of EP 6. I've got a stupid question, I bought this expansion pack because it said you'd receive ALL the aircraft from EP 1-5. So...where are they? Most of them are missing (reactor bipe, etc), nor did I get them when I downloaded EP 1-5 from the website after purchasing 4.5. :confused: :confused: :confused:

No, you're eyes or wishful thinking deceived you.

EP6 comes with ADD-ONS 1-5 not the other Expansion Packs!

Nor were the other Expansion Packs ever available for downloading.

If you want those packs you must pay for them.

The Add-ons are free, not the expansion packs.

Last edited:
opjose said:
The Add-ons are free, not the expansion packs.

I don't want to seem like I'm punching a gift horse...so to speak...but that's a bit misleading. :rolleyes:

Oh well, at least this fake helicopter gunship thing is fun to mess around with.

Mark Wolf said:
I don't want to seem like I'm punching a gift horse...so to speak...but that's a bit misleading. :rolleyes:
Huh? TowerHobbies site says "Access to all 24 flying sites and all 70 aircraft choices originally included On RealFlight Add-Ons volumes 1-5." How is that misleading? It states AddOns. It makes no mention of Expansion Packs. On a side note, does it include the Osprey? If it says "all 70 aircraft" and it doesn't, that would be more misleading.

I feel compelled to buy the Reactor 50CC.

It's amazing. I need to tweak it a bit. Too much aileron, not enough rudder/elevator. Nose heavy. Other than that, seems VERY capable. :D

-Eric

jeffpn said:
Huh? TowerHobbies site says "Access to all 24 flying sites and all 70 aircraft choices originally included On RealFlight Add-Ons volumes 1-5." How is that misleading? It states AddOns. It makes no mention of Expansion Packs. On a side note, does it include the Osprey? If it says "all 70 aircraft" and it doesn't, that would be more misleading.

1. They assume people realize there is a difference between an "add-on" and an "expansion pack". It's not a big stretch to look at the marketing for Expansion Pack 6, which says it includes all the planes from add-on 1-5, and connect the two as being from the same software series.

You know it's not the same thing, I do now...but didn't then. I'd wager I'm not the first to not realize the difference. Had I known the difference, I wouldn't have purchased EP6 as it's the ONLY reason I did so.

2. No, it does not have the Osprey so it doesn't include all the aircraft from ADD-ON 1-5.

Last edited:
The Sea Dart is the one I'm curious about. The Delta wing physics are tough as is but to make it land on water too!!! :eek:

Mark Wolf said:
I'd wager I'm not the first to not realize the difference.
you could browse or search these forums and find out that you are not the first to assume so. It still surprises me, how many people assume that AddOns are the same as Expansion Packs. Different names, different products. AddOns were developed for G2, and worked in G3. Expansion Packs were developed for G3, and work in G4. Of course EP5 does not work in G3. I haven't looked to see about EP6. Don't care, since I know it works in G4.5, and I no longer have G3. So that's the reason for the difference between AOs and EPs. What was KE supposed to do? In my opinion, they had to call EPs something different, since they don't work in G2.

jeffpn said:
you could browse or search these forums and find out that you are not the first to assume so.

Further proving my point...

It still surprises me, how many people assume that AddOns are the same as Expansion Packs. Different names, different products. AddOns were developed for G2, and worked in G3. Expansion Packs were developed for G3, and work in G4. Of course EP5 does not work in G3. I haven't looked to see about EP6. Don't care, since I know it works in G4.5, and I no longer have G3. So that's the reason for the difference between AOs and EPs. What was KE supposed to do? In my opinion, they had to call EPs something different, since they don't work in G2.

Not everyone researches the genealogy of an RC simulator... ;)

I'm not here to argue. I think it's misleading, I'm obviously not the first. Maybe someone out there will read this thread before they make the same mistake I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back