Anyone have a copy of the G2 Demo?

js3862

Pretty much all in the title. Looking to buy a cheap used sim for a low end machine and G2 is out there. Just haven't seen it or a demo of it in person to know whether it would be worthwhile buying in the sub $50 range.

Thanks!

What will you be running it on? Processor, video card, etc. We have alot of people here in IT who could help you answer your question.

Dell Latitude

1.8 GHz Mobile P4
256 MB RAM
ATI Radeon 7500 Chipset with 32 MB Video Memory
Crystal Audio 4205 Chipset

I'm sure the help desk would just have me reboot anyway. :)

Last edited:
There's a thread in the G3 forum that shows video card compatability. I couldn't find your exact card, but I think it will work. If I recall, you only need to be DX7 compliant for G2. I seem to remember some of the later AddOns discs including DX8 and DX9 updates, as needed.

Any old demo version of RealFlight 2 still lying around on the KE site? Maybe someone is a download hoarder like I am?

Thanks!

G2 did not have a demo version.

In case you haven't run across it, here are the G2 requirements:

Generation 2 System Requirements
Minimum System Requirements

Windows® XP*, 2000*, ME, 98 (Local administrator access required)
Intel® Pentium® 300 or equivalent
Dire X™ 8 (or above) compatible video and sound card
3D accelerated video card with 8 MB (or more) RAM (VooDoo 1 and VooDoo 2 video cards are not supported)
64 MB RAM
500 MB hard drive space
4X CD-ROM drive

Optimum System Requirements

Optimum System Requirements
Intel Pentium 600 or equivalent
3D accelerated video card with 16 MB (or more) RAM (VooDoo 1 and VooDoo 2 video cards are not supported)
128 MB RAM

MultiPlayer System Requirements

Intel Pentium 450 or above

LAN: IPX/SPX or TCP/IP protocol

Internet: TCP/IP connection requires an Internet account and 28.8 Kbps (or faster) modem
64 MB RAM

System Requirements InterLink Controller

USB Port
Compatible FM or FM-selectable transmitter (if using the interface)
Included adapter cord for optional interface use is compatible with most JR®, Hitec®, Tower Hobbies® and Futaba® transmitters. Interface use with Airtronics®/Sanwa radios requires adapter cord GPMZ4062, available separately. Interface adapter cords for additional transmitters available.

Last edited:
You must be as insane as I am being on the KE forums at 5:00 am. Thanks for the specs. Too bad on the no demo thing.

Back