Anyone still flying Realflight-X

N8LBV

Ryan has not responded to my questions regarding it being completely wiped from the forum.
All of the posts anyone had ever made about Realflight-X are gone.
Seems really unreasonable to me.
They kept everything on there for all of the other older versions that are discontinued.
Something is so obviously not right here.

Realflight X is still owned by knifeedge and was not sold with the main Realflight series to horizon hobbies. Also, I believe that horizon's servers are now hosting the Realflight forums so I doubt that they would want to host a website for a product that they don't own.

Yes I still use RF-X and think it's the best RealFlight. I wish they had stuck with it by now it would be great. But at the same time when you have tons of people wanting to use RealFlight on low-cost laptops then RF-X isn't for them. SO, you end up with two products.

But nonetheless, Horizon Hobby didn't buy RF-X so I understand why it's gone from their servers. It's too bad but that's business.

I use RF-X a lot and wish they had continued development for this product, with a good graphics card and mid-level CPU this simulator is amazing.

My system specs: I-7 8700 3.7Ghz, 16Gbs Ram, Nvidia RTX 2080.

I use RF-X a lot and wish they had continued development for this product, with a good graphics card and mid-level CPU this simulator is amazing.

My system specs: I-7 8700 3.7Ghz, 16Gbs Ram, Nvidia RTX 2080.
BUT THAT'S A GAMING PC 🙄

It really isn't, it's exactly what you said: mid-level. I am enjoying RF Evolution but am keeping an eye on what KnifeEdge does with RF X. Time will tell.

BUT THAT'S A GAMING PC 🙄

It really isn't, it's exactly what you said: mid-level. I am enjoying RF Evolution but am keeping an eye on what KnifeEdge does with RF X. Time will tell.
I am waiting for the next version of Realflight with DX12, before I upgrade my PC. Hopefully I will not have to wait too long.

I am waiting for the next version of Realflight with DX12, before I upgrade my PC. Hopefully I will not have to wait too long.
Given that they just introduced a new version...it may be a while. RF used to be on a sort of 2 yr cycle for major updates. But now with Horizon, it's anybody's guess. I'm going to concentrate on whether my system has enough moxie to run MS Flight Simulator...and therefore not worry about RF too much....

Ryan has not responded to my questions regarding it being completely wiped from the forum.
All of the posts anyone had ever made about Realflight-X are gone.
Seems really unreasonable to me.
They kept everything on there for all of the other older versions that are discontinued.
Something is so obviously not right here.
Yes, you posted on Friday, and as of 6am this morning my time I had not responded. I took a rare day off on Friday, and while I typically do peek at the forums on the weekend to make sure they aren't on fire, it's incredibly rare that I take my personal time to log in and post then.

You seem insistent on seeing this as an overarching conspiracy. The actual explanation is quite mundane. I addressed it in greater detail here.

Given that they just introduced a new version...it may be a while. RF used to be on a sort of 2 yr cycle for major updates. But now with Horizon, it's anybody's guess.
RealFlight Evolution is intended to break the historical RealFlight release cycle. I touched on this here.

The new plan will save people having to upgrade so often. (We hope you will find it worthwhile to spend some of that saved money on content that we release for purchase down the road!) It will also free us up in some important ways on the development side...

RealFlight Evolution is intended to break the historical RealFlight release cycle. I touched on this here.

The new plan will save people having to upgrade so often. (We hope you will find it worthwhile to spend some of that saved money on content that we release for purchase down the road!) It will also free us up in some important ways on the development side...
Thanks for correcting my speculation. It does sound like you have a future path laid out, it will be interesting to continue the journey.

Back