AP's not loading all objects and location.

DouglasFG

Ok I'm pissed here. I tried to download a lot of nice AP's with trees, buildings etc and in different locations. Like hilltops, mountain sides etc. But everytime I go to import and fly, the AP is nowwhere where its supossed to be originally and missing objects, like trees and buildings. It keeps dumping them down in the valley on the flat land between the mountain ranges near the two camel hump hills (like near the flight school AP). I can't find the answer in the search catagory cause its useless. I have RF9 the lastest version. What gives...? Who knows the answer...? Grrrrr

Many of the user created Airports, require files from Expansion packs and add on's that have additional scenery files that are not included in the Stock version of Realflight. You would need to purchase the required expansion packs or download the free Addon files to get those addtional buildings and trees, etc...

Um, OK I think that may resolve my issues. That....or a tissue. I'll try that tomorrow. Bedtime now. Thank you folks. Stay tuned.

Add-On packs are Free as noted above.
ExpansionPacks and MegaPacks are not free and can be purchased at horizon hobbies. Some of the Expansion packs are no longer available. Some times you can purchase them on the secondary markets. Like E-bay or others. Some of the swap content (aircraft and or flying fields) requires one or more of these packages to function correctly.
To really answer the question, I would need to know the exact swap pages airport file that you are referring to. The more detail you give with a question, the better the answer.

None of the expansion packs have been available for quite some time. I was able to get the mega airplane pack from Tower last year. But they are out of those now too. I've been searching feebay for a while looking for EP5, it's the last one I need to have them all.

It would be awesome if KE would re-release these expansion packs. The models still fly correctly after all these years unlike the add on models and the additional flying fields they come with are nice.

Problem solved. I'm good gentleman, but I have a new problem. I downloaded a JU-87 Stuka from the swap pages and it flew like crap so I deleted it or so I thought. There is a leftover .png file (photo of the plane) still in my SIM aircraft list and aircraft cache previews. I can't get rid of it nor can I unlock it to delete it. I've tried everything. Any suggestions...?

Problem solved. I'm good gentleman, but I have a new problem. I downloaded a JU-87 Stuka from the swap pages and it flew like crap so I deleted it or so I thought. There is a leftover .png file (photo of the plane) still in my SIM aircraft list and aircraft cache previews. I can't get rid of it nor can I unlock it to delete it. I've tried everything. Any suggestions...?

Go into Documents - Realflight 9 on your computer and go through the various directories deleting any filenames that reference it. That should get rid of it the next time your restart the program. Probably something left over in Vehicles - CustomModels and/or Vehicles - CustomVehicles.

So far its not anywhere else. In the 3D models folder nothing stuka is showing. In the airplane previews (photos) its not showing....BUT...it keeps showing up in my list of aircraft menu to fly on the screen. When I use the search engine to find "JU-87 Stuka" nothing comes up. Restart the Sim, again it shows in my flying aricraft menu as JU-87...? I don't get it. I found stuka.collision and stuka.fastkex_nt and everytime I delete em they keep coming back. The plane keeps coming back to fly. Its coming from somewhere but can't find it. Is it possible its from one of the expansion upgrades I downloaded from the RF9 website that was suggested to me...?

Last edited:
While in RF, Try going to....simulation>manage user files>aircraft...you should find that model there as well, highlight it, then delete it.

Tried that. No good. Oh well its something I live with. And how come sometimes when I download a new aircraft and try to import it I get this message "This aircraft is based on an aircraft you do not have" so the import doesn't work...? Thats sucks sometimes because I really want that plane and it won't import. Grrrrr. I even try renaming it and it still won't import.

**Update** found the answer using the search function.

Last edited:
Tried that. No good. Oh well its something I live with. And how come sometimes when I download a new aircraft and try to import it I get this message "This aircraft is based on an aircraft you do not have" so the import doesn't work...? Thats sucks sometimes because I really want that plane and it won't import. Grrrrr. I even try renaming it and it still won't import.

If it's an AV or CS file it needs the EA of the plane loaded to go with it. Or it could be an AV of a model from an expansion pack or add-on you don't have.

Back