Are all old Add-ons available for RF8?

hammerheadz

I had RF G3 and G4.5 and Add-on Volumes 1 through 5, as well as Expansion Packs 2 and 4. I was able to just insert the Expansion Pack discs in and enter the codes and they work fine, however cannot do that with the Add-on discs.
1) Is there a way to use the discs to do this?
2) Or are there downloadable versions somewhere on the RealFlight or KnfieEdge websites?

Thx

Outstanding! Thank you.. one quick question...all the old planes (helos included) that are gas version all smoke continuously - there appears to be no way to reduce the smoke level. It is enough to totally obscure any helo takeoff until it gets airborne! Is this a known issue with the old addons?
Thx

Outstanding! Thank you.. one quick question...all the old planes (helos included) that are gas version all smoke continuously - there appears to be no way to reduce the smoke level. It is enough to totally obscure any helo takeoff until it gets airborne! Is this a known issue with the old addons?
Thx

Yes the older planes smoke really bad but you can fix that in the Aircraft Editor. Open the Editor and look for the Physics Tab in the bottom pane, then open the Fuselage and then the Engine and then you'll normally see Exhaust and Smoke entries. Look at them and you can adjust the parameters for the smoke and adjust it.

This dude is full of it.. I have RF8 Horizon Hobby edition with every single expansion pack installed (I believe it's 7 discs + the drone expansion pack). Everything works fine.

Learn to read man !!!! we`re talking about "ADD-ONS" ...NOT ..."expansion packs"............. OOOOOOOOOOPS AND THE "DUDE" IS......."TECHNOID" Show some respect DUUUDE. GEEEEEEZ.

Last edited:
Since when is it disrespectful to call someone dude, dude?

I`ll tell what I`m going to jjuneau, You apologize to Technoid for telling him
" he`s full of it",... here on the forums/in his thread publicly (just like you did when you insulted him) AND I`ll tell you HOW, WHEN, and WHERE too use the term "Dude"......Too be honest, I`m surprised How YOU don`t get it, the answer is right under your nose, in plain sight. ;) :rolleyes:

I`ll tell what I`m going to jjuneau, You apologize to Technoid for telling him
" he`s full of it",... here on the forums/in his thread publicly (just like you did when you insulted him) AND I`ll tell you HOW, WHEN, and WHERE too use the term "Dude"......Too be honest, I`m surprised How YOU don`t get it, the answer is right under your nose, in plain sight. ;) :rolleyes:

how do you know they are a "dude" they may be a dude that was a dude that's not a dude or in fact they may associate with being an ah64 Appache Attack helicopter and not any type of Dude. One needs to be careful whom they call a dude or a non dude or an Apache helicopter.?:D

This dude is full of it.. I have RF8 Horizon Hobby edition with every single expansion pack installed (I believe it's 7 discs + the drone expansion pack). Everything works fine.

jjuneau do you remember this thread https://forums.realflight.com/showthread.php?t=33389

When you posted that Expansion packs could possibly not be installed in RF8.
Brokedad and csgill75 both responded, VERY POLITELY to that statement, they did not insinuate that you were "full of it", they were helpful and just said it was absolutely possible to install the Expansion Packs in RF8 and even Ryan Douglas posted with install instructions.

All we ask for is respect, not sarcasm to forum posts.

jjuneau, I think you should apologise to Technoid for your comment.

Last edited:
how do you know they are a "dude" they may be a dude that was a dude that's not a dude or in fact they may associate with being an ah64 Appache Attack helicopter and not any type of Dude. One needs to be careful whom they call a dude or a non dude or an Apache helicopter.?:D

That`s so true Bella, When I said ..."The answer is right under your nose in plain sight".... I could have been wrong, Perhaps it`s not there anymore,...If you smell what I`m steppin` in. ;);):p

Back