Art-tech Diamond 2500 PRO

Please by all means create a AV thats more like yours
like jeff said thats what AVs are for
thanks for your help and input it's appreciated :D

Last edited:
Thanks for the information. I am happy with the diamond 2500 model, but I am just thinking how to improve it to get most of it for learning. That is why I would prefer the similar behavior.

Could you tell me please where sensitivity or expo setting under real flight?
I would like to try and compare it.

I think there is no expo configuration in original Diamond 2500 Transmitter, that is why I am not sure if it is used there or not. There is only limit of control with switch - either full control 100% or 70%, which is possible to switch on or off with top right switch on transmitter. There is also some knob (in the left front) to control max controlled value. But it gets locked with lock button. I use full not limited control so I can control the plane fully.

I used also diamond with I think Futaba transmitter and receiver (in teacher - student mode) and the behavior was also little different more similar to original diamond TX but little less sensitive, but it was also more sensitive in comparison to realflight. I can easily make full right or nose up there in realflight but it would be very dangerous with real diamond airplane.
Could you tell me where is possible to specify expo and sensitivity under realflight 4.5?

Thanks for all your effort. Great work!!! I just wish to get similar behavior for training... if possible.

I can't answer that question now. I'm not at my RF computer. But here's a question: do you have dual rates activated on RF? That would reduce your throws on the RF model.

First make sure that you have "Display Advanced Properties" checked it the Editor Options
to change the Expo
open the "Software Radio" tree and click on the output channel of the one you want to change

you can also adjust the servo speed in the aircraft Editor
open the "Electronics" tree and click on the servo you wish to change

or you can change the amount of deflection (Throw) of the control surfaces

Attachments

• ScreenShotexpo.jpg
    ScreenShotexpo.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 9
  • ScreenShotexpo2.jpg
    ScreenShotexpo2.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 10
  • ScreenShotexpo3.jpg
    ScreenShotexpo3.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Maj. Numbskully said:
First make sure that you have "Display Advanced Properties" checked it the Editor Options
to change the Expo
open the "Software Radio" tree and click on the output channel of the one you want to change

you can also adjust the servo speed in the aircraft Editor
open the "Electronics" tree and click on the servo you wish to change

or you can change the amount of deflection (Throw) of the control surfaces

5 deg trim? I didn't put that there. ;) I think I know all my setting by heart. I'm a sad, sad man. <sigh> :(

Thanks I tried all what you mentioned and it looks like it helped with the feeling from the airplane behavior. I disabled expo, used dual rate, changed servo speed and also changed maximum deflection angle. All of this started to behave more like what I observed. But I need to do more tests to let you know what is ideal from my point of view.

I also do not hear servos sound much or at all in the case the airplane flights against me or above me.

Do you want me to measure ailerons sizes for you on the airplane?

I would like to measure and verify what is configured to get most of it.

no thats OK............ the EA is what it is as far as the physics are concerned unless we re-post it and don't really wanna do that
the control surface cords and lengths should be very close to the right size
if any thing I'd like to know how close (or not) they are .......... but if you want to make sure for your AV go ahead and measure

Last edited:
Back