ATI Graphics Cards

kyle

Does anyone know when G3 will support this video card. I just bought the software 2 days ago, but since i have a laptop, I can't upgrade / change my video card. I've contacted ATI, but know response yet. Do I have any other options than to returning the product?

I have the MOBILITY RADEON 7500C, mfg by: ATI Technologies Inc. Version: 6.14.0010.6359 (English)

Thanks,

Last edited:
Card name: VISIONTEK Xtasy 9200SE PCI 128MB
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: RADEON 9200 SE (0x5964)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5964&SUBSYS_7C251545&REV_01
Display Memory: 128.0 MB
Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)

That is what I got, it is ATI. What problem are you having with it? Is the drivers updated?

I don't know if the driver is updated or not. I went the ATI.com and couldn't figure out which driver I needed.

Display Device:
Mobility Radeon 7500c
Mfg: ATI Technologies
Chip Type: mobility Radeon 7500 AGP (0x4c57)
DAC Type: Internal DAC(350MHz)
Approx total memory 32mb
Current Display mode 1024x768 (32bit) (60hz)

Drivers:
Main Driver: ati2dvag.dll
Version: 6.14.0010.6359 (english)
WHQL logo'd: yes
Mini VDD: ati2mtag.sys
VDD: n/a
DDI version: 9 (or higher)

Please let me know what driver you're using, and how I can get it.

Thanks,

Our next patch adds support for the Radeon 7500.

There are some limitations (e.g. shadows).

Jim

When will the next patch be available? In the meantime, are there drivers that will fix the problem?

We don't have a specific date for when the next update will be available. We will make an announcement when it's ready. In the meantime, I'm afraid there is no workaround for your graphics card.

Ryan,
I just bought a new laptop from dell. I told them of the trouble I was having, as well as, told them of the ATI Graphics cards KE recommends. Dell told me that those cards were not available (they were too old) and he recommended the RADEON X300 PCI EXPRESS x16 Graphics. Have you tested this card, or do you know if it will work? I'm not conversant with Video Cards, drivers, etc. so any information would be greatly appreciated. I just want to be able to run G3.

Thanks,

We haven't been able to test the Mobility Radeon X300. We know the regular desktop variety Radeon X300 works, and we're hopeful that the Mobility version will work--once the next update comes out, if not with the current version--but since we haven't been able to test that card yet, we can't guarantee it.

ati radeon 9600

i cant this thing to work with my card...newst drivers and all.
get a shadow reciever directional opaque FFp error.

whats the deal with that. G3 says it supports that card.

groundcrew said:
i cant this thing to work with my card...newst drivers and all.
get a shadow reciever directional opaque FFp error.

whats the deal with that. G3 says it supports that card.

We definitely support the Radeon 9600. Several people at the office use that card every day while they are developing the software.

You'll need to go through phone support for help with that problem.

Jim

Back