Austria Mod?

MADCAP

My favorite flying field, just for the ambience is Austria. But I'd like to be located close to the runway and see my plane positioned on it so that I can practice Pitts 3 point landings on it, or on grass also if I want to. Has anyone done this or is t something I could design myself as an absolute newbie to both RealFlight and design work? I love the mountains and hangars and open flying space. Even a similar landing strip may be available but my Ctl-F searches through many pages of Evo and 9.5 have not uncovered any so far.
Thanks to anyone out there who also likes the open sky and broad area for long low passes ideal for Boomers like myself.

My favorite flying field, just for the ambience is Austria. But I'd like to be located close to the runway and see my plane positioned on it so that I can practice Pitts 3 point landings on it, or on grass also if I want to. Has anyone done this or is t something I could design myself as an absolute newbie to both RealFlight and design work? I love the mountains and hangars and open flying space. Even a similar landing strip may be available but my Ctl-F searches through many pages of Evo and 9.5 have not uncovered any so far.
Thanks to anyone out there who also likes the open sky and broad area for long low passes ideal for Boomers like myself.

sadly moving the pilot's field of view (closer to the default runway) is not possible at photo fields. However it is possible to add a different runway closer to the spawn that is not part of the photo field.

sadly moving the pilot's field of view (closer to the default runway) is not possible at photo fields. However it is possible to add a different runway closer to the spawn that is not part of the photo field.
Thank you for that knowledge legoman. I was hoping someone had done that and perhaps gave it a new name.

How, as a designer dummy, would I best learn about adding a runway in the space between my airplane and that existing runway? Can I eliminate the existing one as well?

Attachments

• austria.jpg
    austria.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 3
I did this years ago so I don't remember the specifics of what I did but I moved the pilot point to the middle of the Sod Farm runway so I could see directly behind the plane when it took off. I just renamed the field when I saved it to Sod Farm Center of Runway. Is that what the OP is wanting to do, well move the pilot closer to the field.

I did this years ago so I don't remember the specifics of what I did but I moved the pilot point to the middle of the Sod Farm runway so I could see directly behind the plane when it took off. I just renamed the field when I saved it to Sod Farm Center of Runway. Is that what the OP is wanting to do, well move the pilot closer to the field.
the sod farm runway is a (set of) moveable object(s). austria the runway is part of the image. the runway object in austria are only depth buffers.

sod farm
2024-02-24 13_30_19-Window.png

austria2024-02-24 13_29_29-Window.png

austria photo applied to sod farm field
2024-02-24 13_31_51-Pilot Spawn.png

Some time ago a Designer-Creator who was known to all of us older FOSSILS, like myself, as Maj. Numbscully, created 3 air fields which are still avalible today usinf the search option on the forums. They definately have a EURO-Mountain flare and you can easily move things in the airport editor. I tired early at the limited scenery in RF and when I learned about the editing it openened up much more choices. The ENCLOSED airport file is my edit of the Majors original. A search will provide you with kis original and a few others he did based on his original " The Hangout".
Hope this helps you, it's a good starting point.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1708799554.jpg
    ScreenShot1708799554.jpg
    264.2 KB · Views: 7
  • ScreenShot1708799518.jpg
    ScreenShot1708799518.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 7
  • The Hangout EDIT 1_AP.RFX
    417.2 KB · Views: 3
Some time ago a Designer-Creator who was known to all of us older FOSSILS, like myself, as Maj. Numbscully, created 3 air fields which are still avalible today usinf the search option on the forums. They definately have a EURO-Mountain flare and you can easily move things in the airport editor. I tired early at the limited scenery in RF and when I learned about the editing it openened up much more choices. The ENCLOSED airport file is my edit of the Majors original. A search will provide you with kis original and a few others he did based on his original " The Hangout".
Thanks that looks cool. I just grabbed it.

Wowser!! Is this available in the Swap Pages???
The Original is labeled "The Hangout_AP " The next one he did ws labeled "Maj. Numbscully's Hangout_AP" and the last is "Maj. Numbscully's Hangout3_AP". The Major was known mostly for his color schemes,he didn't do many Airports, how ever these 3 AP's have the EURO AMBIENCE for sure.

I've never done much with airfields so I don't know much about them, thus the question. (too lazy to open austria). So is there a pilot spawn point in austria?
Yes and no moving it does not move the runway it just moves all the depth buffers
2024-02-24 15_12_35-RealFlight Evolution.png

That looks great but: I downloaded from your link and imported it into my Custom Airports. But it won't load saying that I don't have the scene that it takes. I have both Sod Farm and Austria. What more do I need? And how do I know which Swap Page version directory to find the other "Hangout" files mentioned? Sorry but as said am 77 and an RF newbie. I did notice on one of my Pitts airplane imports directly from the SP listing that it would tell me which basic model was first required. Same thing?

That looks great but: I downloaded from your link and imported it into my Custom Airports. But it won't load saying that I don't have the scene that it takes. I have both Sod Farm and Austria. What more do I need? And how do I know which Swap Page version directory to find the other "Hangout" files mentioned? Sorry but as said am 77 and an RF newbie. I did notice on one of my Pitts airplane imports directly from the SP listing that it would tell me which basic model was first required. Same thing?

it is based on an airport that was removed from evolution.

I may be confused, but is this what you're looking for?

Austria Runway.jpg

Back