Austria Mod?

I may be confused, but is this what you're looking for?

View attachment 138058
What a coincidence. I just spent a couple hours hacking through airport edit tools on Austria and found I could do this by dragging the plane spawn over there. But grasping the above concept of missing a pilot spawn, I could not make myself get closer to the plane for better detail. Still, I saved it as Austria2 and at least took my first baby steps into design lol.
Thanks so much for the effort to help out, much appreciated.

Attachments

• austria.jpg
    austria.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 5
  • austria2.jpg
    austria2.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 5
What a coincidence. I just spent a couple hours hacking through airport edit tools on Austria and found I could do this by dragging the plane spawn over there. But grasping the above concept of missing a pilot spawn, I could not make myself get closer to the plane for better detail. Still, I saved it as Austria2 and at least took my first baby steps into design lol.
Thanks so much for the effort to help out, much appreciated.
The Pilot Spawn has a custom name so select..

Objects->Control Objects->Open Grass

...and you'll see in the Properties window that the Pilot Spawn has a Custom Name property set to Open Grass. So use that to move the pilot spawn point.

I'd love to give it a try. Thanks
Here's the Sod Farm Runway Middle AP. I created it to make sure the model I was working on took off straight. I exported this from RF 9.5 but it should work for RF EVO too. Let me know if you have any problem with it. I have RF EVO too but I model using the RF 9.5 DVD version.

Attachments

• Sod Farm Runway Middle_AP.RFX
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
The Pilot Spawn has a custom name so select..

Objects->Control Objects->Open Grass

...and you'll see in the Properties window that the Pilot Spawn has a Custom Name property set to Open Grass. So use that to move the pilot spawn point.
I messed with Open Grass for a long time but it only brought the grass back under the plane too. I finally gave up.

Here's the Sod Farm Runway Middle AP. I created it to make sure the model I was working on took off straight. I exported this from RF 9.5 but it should work for RF EVO too. Let me know if you have any problem with it. I have RF EVO too but I model using the RF 9.5 DVD version.
Hey technoid, that is pretty neat, especially what you made it for. Thank you. But how did you then add that to Austria's terrain or vice versa, or is that a bit advanced for me?

I messed with Open Grass for a long time but it only brought the grass back under the plane too. I finally gave up.
If I remember right I had a strange problem moving the pilot spawn and the plane over to the runway. The first time I did it I decided to delete that version and start again. The first version worked but I wanted to do it again to make sure what I did worked. I think (?) the second time I moved the plane and pilot in a different order than the first time and that's what happed to me. The grass followed the move (so to speak) and when I saved it and exited to RealFlight the pilot was still in the grass too far from the plane. SO.. I deleted that version (again) and did it one more time. And if I remember right I moved the pilot first and then the plane. AND for some reason the plane had to be way beyond the runway in the editor to center it on the field in RealFlight. I'll take a screen shot of what mine looks like in the editor and post it here.

Here's a picture of my version in the editor. I also put the helicopter spawn with the plane spawn.

Austria Runway 02.jpg

If I remember right I had a strange problem moving the pilot spawn and the plane over to the runway. The first time I did it I decided to delete that version and start again. The first version worked but I wanted to do it again to make sure what I did worked. I think (?) the second time I moved the plane and pilot in a different order than the first time and that's what happed to me. The grass followed the move (so to speak) and when I saved it and exited to RealFlight the pilot was still in the grass too far from the plane. SO.. I deleted that version (again) and did it one more time. And if I remember right I moved the pilot first and then the plane. AND for some reason the plane had to be way beyond the runway in the editor to center it on the field in RealFlight. I'll take a screen shot of what mine looks like in the editor and post it here.
You know what is scary? I actually understand what your saying lol. What a difference a couple hours of trial and error teaches. I shall try moving the open grass first. And I was even using very large negative numbers for x & y as I experimented and once even got the plane located behind the tractor which was no help.

You know what is scary? I actually understand what your saying lol. What a difference a couple hours of trial and error teaches. I shall try moving the open grass first. And I was even using very large negative numbers for x & y as I experimented and once even got the plane located behind the tractor which was no help.
I clicked on the pilot spawn and plane spawn points and moved them over where I wanted them. Is that what you're doing?

I clicked on the pilot spawn and plane spawn points and moved them over where I wanted them. Is that what you're doing?
Let me see if I am on track with my thinking. You basically overlaid a new runway onto the Open Grass pilot spawn in order make the location appear to be on or near the new runway? Or, did you actually use the sod farm runway somehow?

Let me see if I am on track with my thinking. You basically overlaid a new runway onto the Open Grass pilot spawn in order make the location appear to be on or near the new runway? Or, did you actually use the sod farm runway somehow?
I just loaded the original Austria airfield and dragged and dropped the pilot and plane spawns to the new location and saved the airfield as a new name. I had to load, move, and save a few times to get the spawn points where I wanted them.

I may be confused, but is this what you're looking for?

View attachment 138058
No technoid, more like this: I have had some luck in modifying Austria since creating this post, but I still don't understand some control functions. Also, after a zillion tries, I can't seem to lock my new runway into the length and width at any scaling. It self adjusts the numbers when I save the file and then load my modified airport to fly. I'm getting there, but only at a trial & error slowww pace.01 Ready to Take Off.jpg

Back