B-17F Flying Fortress

bud anderson 2 said:
Also can I post this plane with your name on swap pages please and thank you!
No you can't post this plane on swaps. I'll post it when it's 100% DONE, which it is not at this point. I don't ever let other post my planes on swaps. I post them as they get finished

ok cowboy ill wait u wont here any more "how long till its done" or "can i post it" and "hurry up" remarks (never said hurry up but still same area) but ill check in on the thread for new posts and see how its goin again great job on it cowboy its all i fly on here now, and ill wait till its completly done. then ill probly rant on color scemes :D but ill try not to too much.

Last edited:
bud anderson 2 said:
then ill probly rant on color scemes :D but ill try not to too much.
good I'm working on a "Memphis Belle" CS for cowboys B-17 as we speak...(can't believe know one has done one yet....at least a desent one)
I agree cowboy it turned out REAL nice :D

Maj. Numbskully said:
good I'm working on a "Memphis Belle" CS for cowboys B-17 as we speak...(can't believe know one has done one yet....at least a desent one)
I agree cowboy it turned out REAL nice :D
true im suprised its like the most famous b-17 out there but its good your making one.
and cowboy that varient it says its diffrent from the one you put on swaps so ill have to change the motors and size from the one you put on swaps. but no biggie just a little setback. :D well mabey a big setback because i made every thing the exact same and it flys worth a dirty word it climbs two fast too much downthrust makes it fly ok but makes it look retarded when your prop looks like this -\[ so ill have to export the one you gave to us on your thread as the whole aircraft but i will say its a varient to yours and i wont take any credit other than making it faster and bigger ok cowboy. i hate KE it wont let me add my varient of the 17 now im getting PO'd so can you add the one that was on your thread to try out because i cant add my varient unless that specific one is on there. please cowboy i want people to enjoy my varient as much as i do. :eek:

Last edited:
people can enjoy your variant !!
i think you are getting confused with the OTHER B-17 that is
availible for rf
you are probably not working on cowboys in the first place
are you makin the MISTAKE of "renaming" the OTHER B-17 the same as cowboys (BOEING B-17f)
the OTHER one is just "B-17" and that may be why you can not upload variant to\for his B-17f (because it not his!!)
cowboy has already posted a 3.5 version of his:
https://forums.realflight.com/index.php?resources/9857
and has already said that as soon as i finish the "Memphis Belle" CS
that he will Convert it to a g3x file ....
just be patient I'm almost done!!!
MEANWHILE go down load cowboys 3.5 version a "edit away"

Last edited:
if you mean the one off of the expansion packs numbskully your wrong cuzz i dont have any expansion packs. just look at both threads and look for cowboys Beoing_B-17_G3.
in a compressed zipped file.

dklehn said:
Cowboy, You've done it again. The B17 is beautiful. Whats next? :D
actually I've been working on a couple different planes in what very little spare time I have which are the Westland Wyvern and a Boeing C-97 Stratofreighter. . The Wyvern was a special request from TNorton12000 that I started on a while back and the C-97 is another part of my fathers Air Force background. Plus I like the way that big ugly thing looks :D

well my apologies go out 2 bud anderson 2
I have finished the "Memphis Belle" CS
but when I tried to upload it to swaps.
I GOT THE SAME ERROR !!
whats going on ?
I Don't want to post it as an EA file Like it is asking me to?
Cowboy is that what I should Do?
I'm not going to post it
till I here back as to how\ what I should do!!.....
but here is what the final version looks like...... :D

Attachments

• ScreenShot901.jpg
    ScreenShot901.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 15
  • ScreenShot1244146251.jpg
    ScreenShot1244146251.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 18
  • ScreenShot1244146506.jpg
    ScreenShot1244146506.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 18
  • ScreenShot1244146538.jpg
    ScreenShot1244146538.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 14
??

Did you by any chance get the TGA off the proto type G4 file instead of the EA that was posted, Did you rename the G4 file.

NO
I have never had much luck downloading files from threads ...
I got it from the swap page as an rfx EA file ( like I do normaly )
I named the cs : Boeing B17 Memphis Belle
I'll try to import the 3.5 g3x file from the swap page and see if it makes a difference when I apply the cs to it a re export it??

Last edited:
hey Numbskully, let me know if you have anything like Skype, Yahoo or X-fire. PM me your name if you have any of those and we'll see if we can get this little problem you're having fixed. Since I have the original file for the plane, we should get it done

Maj. Numbskully said:
I GOT THE SAME ERROR !!
whats going on ?
I'm not going to post it

Great job on that color scheme Maj. it looks like high quality stuff. I like the cammo detail; and the nose art and details are so sharp. Did you by any chance change the resolution? Nice to hear your trying to put it in G3.5.

Thanks ...
Yes i did
thanks to "wilsonman and "doug schluter" who told me that i could increase the resolution ...
in responese to my "adding text to cs " thread
I did not know that you could do that!!
and still have it work in rf
I've always took it for granted that rf needed it at the default res. that the cs's are generated in .....
man wish i knew that sooner ....to think of how much better some of my other cs's would have turned out
that is going to be "standard operating procedure” from now on!
i could not use the psd file that you sent me ..but thanks anyhow as it turned out it's a good thing as if i had i may have finished sooner and never have learned that trick about changing it's resolution ....for some reason i'd open the psd and it would not let me do anything to it when i tried to "lighten " it some
with either the contrast settings or the "levels' setting or the Hue\saturation settings ...
it would do nothing????weird?
I looked at alot of war time movies and photos of the belle and at photos from the restoration of the real one (not from one of the many poorly done "clones")
LOL this cs is even MORE accurate
than the folks who are restoring the real thing !!!
some of their lettering on the plane arent EVEN accurate to pictures i have found of her takin during the war!!!!????

EDIT:
OK both the 4.5 and 3.5 versions of the "Memphis Belle" CS are up at swaps
thanks again to all who helped , gave advice
and to cowboy for his help in getting both versions up to swaps
enjoy!!

3.5 Version: https://forums.realflight.com/index.php?resources/9934

4.5 Version: https://forums.realflight.com/index.php?resources/9933

Last edited:
Maj. Numbskully said:
I GOT THE SAME ERROR !!
whats going on ?
I'm not going to post it

What did you do to resolve this? I have a cs for the 4.5 version also to post and got the same error message, Downloaded the ea again and re-exported and tried to upload and still got the error, I always thought KE upload read something out the cs file to see what EA it belongs with. This one got me at bay never had that before.

Back