B-17F Flying Fortress

brentg said:
What did you do to resolve this? I have a cs for the 4.5 version also to post and got the same error message, Downloaded the ea again and re-exported and tried to upload and still got the error, I always thought KE upload read something out the cs file to see what EA it belongs with. This one got me at bay never had that before.
Brent, I had to export the CS from my sim for some reason for numbskully to be able to upload it. I'm not sure what's up with it or anything, but I'd be more than happy to do the same thing if you want to send me the CS

ya until cowboy did that for me
my rfx file would not upload ?
so I sent him the rfx file and he re-exported it
once he did what he did
and sent the file back to me it uploaded first try??!!
but it did take a while to upload so just let it run :D

Thanks guys, That one had me stumped. I sent you a pm Cowboy.

Hers a pre-view.

Attachments

• Witches_tit.jpg
    Witches_tit.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 26
  • Witches_tit2.jpg
    Witches_tit2.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 17
bud anderson 2 said:
wow brent that cs is amazing! and you have weatherring that looks great.

Thanks for the kind words.

Seems that everybody does not like the effect however, I have got some emails that the planes don't look anything like a RC plane, I feel there is a fine line here at KE, There are groups that want exact re-creations of rc aircraft and groups that multi-play that want the aircraft to look as historic and aged as possible. fine fine line ;)

brentg said:
Thanks for the kind words.

I have got some emails that the planes don't look anything like a RC plane, There are groups that want exact re-creations of rc aircraft and groups that multi-play that want the aircraft to look as historic and aged as possible. ;)
I don't think there is a fine line at all!!
What a bunch of IDIOTS :eek:
Have some of these people never heard of "Scale RC"???? :eek:
SO if a RL RC model has a perfectly detailed cockpit with "wear\Weather" marks near the rudder pedals its not RC???
I know many people that have gone to great pains and expense to have there RL RC aircraft have "weathering " and "wear" marks on their war bird RC aircraft!!!
THAT IS what "Scale RC" IS all about!!!
exacting representations in miniature of RL aircraft !!!........I'm confused......
all you did WAS make a "exact re-creation of (SCALE)RC aircraft" for RF ??????????????????
whats the big deal......????????????
I think its just fine brentg...looks good :D

Last edited:
Maj. Numbskully said:
I don't think there is a fine line at all!!
What a bunch of IDIOTS :eek:
Have some of these people never heard of "Scale RC"???? :eek:
SO if a RL RC model has a perfectly detailed cockpit with "wear\Weather" marks near the rudder pedals its not RC???
I know many people that have gone to great pains and expense to have there RL RC aircraft have "weathering " and "wear" marks on their war bird RC aircraft!!!
THAT IS what "Scale RC" IS all about!!!
exacting representations in miniature of RL aircraft !!!........I'm confused......
all you did WAS make a "exact re-creation of (SCALE)RC aircraft" for RF ??????????????????
whats the big deal......????????????
I think its just fine brentg...looks good :D

Exactly. My point is one would not do weathering and rivet work on a MiniFuntana, but on the other hand take the Sig 51b arf it has shiny fake look that in my opinion looks like crap, this would not hurt to have some weathering, just my opinion, and as you will see, I am not going to change how I do things, I always knew from the start you cant make everyone happy....

I agree scale should be reserved for RC depictions of RW full size Aircraft...any thing else is pointless
of course there are people here who are Using RF to learn how to fly rc and have not yet flown a real rc aircraft yet... there is nothing wrong with that thats one of RF's main uses
but
Sometimes I wonder if some of the "experienced" people here have actually even been to a field or have flown a RL RC Aircraft or if they are just "posers" ................
to not know what scale rc is ...................makes it seem that way :confused:

Last edited:
Maj. Numbskully said:
I agree scale should be reserved for RC depictions of RW full size Aircraft...any thing else is pointless
of course there are people here who are Using RF to learn how to fly rc and have not yet flown a real rc aircraft yet... there is nothing wrong with that thats one of RF's main uses
but
Sometimes I wonder if some of the "experienced" people here have actually even been to a field or have flown a RL RC Aircraft or if they are just "posers" ................
to not know what scale rc is ...................makes it seem that way :confused:

I am sure there are both, not sure about posers, personally, I have only been to a field twice in the 20 yrs+ I have been in RC, I have 8 RL RC planes and dont pay a lot attention to what they look like, most of the time i see them at 200ft away, not looking at how awesome they are on the ground ;) It does not matter RF is for learning and honing new skills as a RC pilot, to me looks are secondary.
I have been in sims since FS98 and always like realistic looking aircraft though and will keep doing them.

I saw a tv show about building scale rc planes. The detail in them is incredible. But due to the expense of those planes, the average person is not going to see those planes when they go to their local field. Of course, some larger clubs will have flyins from time to time. And I know some of you people belong to a club where these people fly. But for the average person to see highly detailed scale planes is probably as uncommon as seeing a Lamborghini. They're out there, but not too common. The point I'm trying to make is that the average person doesn't get to see these planes up close, except at a show.

jeffpn said:
I saw a tv show about building scale rc planes. The detail in them is incredible. But due to the expense of those planes, the average person is not going to see those planes when they go to their local field. Of course, some larger clubs will have flyins from time to time. And I know some of you people belong to a club where these people fly. But for the average person to see highly detailed scale planes is probably as uncommon as seeing a Lamborghini. They're out there, but not too common. The point I'm trying to make is that the average person doesn't get to see these planes up close, except at a show.

Good point.. Agreed these are at the extreme end of RC spectrum, A true dedicated fold. Love to see them when featured in the mags, but would not partake at that cost myself, geez almost all my planes are 300 bucks or less , I just think there should be some middle ground , That's all.

Sorry Cowboy didn't mean to hijack your thread.

Last edited:
brentg said:
Good point.. Agreed these are at the extreme end of RC spectrum, A true dedicated fold. Love to see them when featured in the mags, but would not partake at that cost myself, geez almost all my planes are 300 bucks or less , I just think there should be some middle ground , That's all.

Sorry Cowboy didn't mean to hijack your thread.
It's quite alright Brent. I'm very much enjoying the conversation you all are having and agree 100%. Where I wouldn't spend the money to make mine look like something straight out of battle, I wouldn't mind more detail in one of my more expensive planes like the B-25 I plan on getting. This doesn't mean others should put down someone elses hard work in the sim.

And ya know when you look at ANY rc aircraft that s had more that just a few flights or even after its maiden ....
at least some of the gliders that I've owned over the years
have had chlorophyll stains from landing in grass or scratches from landing in dirt or even field repairs with "scotch tape" to fix minor dinks on them (come on we've all done it :p ) ....nothing looks new forever!!
IMO
adding things like that to a cs just lends some Authenticity to a RF model

Back