B29 in RF8 wheels break off

ddaniel13

I really enjoy the war birds, I've got a B29, not sure if it came with RF8 or from the swap pages, It flies well, but regardless of how easy I set it down the main wheels
break off on landing nearly every time. Is there a setting I can work with or is it a design issue with the build?

Thanks
David

That plane is 11 years old now...time flies...lol

weak gear has always plagued that particular aircraft. It is a easy fix though. Either strengthen it yourself in the editor, or download a AV.

Strength Modifier %

In the Aircraft Editor You can modify the Strength Modifier % on the parts, that have this option. .
Load the plane you want to modify into the program. (eg Boeing B-29)
Open the Aircraft Editor: In the Main Menu (menu at the top of the program)
Click: Aircraft>Edit Boeing B-29.
Click: Physics Tab.
Click on Each component In the window, under Airframe. Then look in the Parameter Window.
Scroll down to Advanced Parameters. Look for Strength Modifier %
Raising the Strength Modifier %, will make THAT component More Durable, to, Indestructible. (0-1500)
If you Click on the word Modifier %: Instructions will open to help, in the Right Hand Wndow
Note: If the number is too low, components will fail, during; Loading, Flight, or Landing, way too easily.
Note: An option, to clicking on every entry, to find what your looking for.
You can click on the component in the 3D image.
Example: Click on the front (steering) wheel of the aircraft, under the Physics tab; "Steering Wheel" will be highlighted. Look up one level.
The "Steering Wheel" is the Child, to the Parent, "Steering Gear".
The Steering Gear is the component, that is actually breaking off on Landing.
Raise This Strength Modifier % (0-1500) (Try 200%)
Next Modify Main Gear

Important Note about Strength Modifier %: Although You Can Make Parts Indestructible in the Sim, In Real Life, their NOT.
Relying on "Overly Strengthened Parts" in the Sim, Can Create Bad Habits, that Could Cost you Big at the Field.

Special Note: Stock Realflight Aircraft files are Protected. You cant screw them up in the editor. If you make a modification to a Stock Realflight File, before you leave the editor You will be asked if you want to Save your changes. If you opt to Save: You will actually be creating a Custom Aircraft. You will have to Name your new Custom Aircraft.

To Exit the Editor and reenter the Program:
In the Upper Left Corner of the Editor Window,
Click File>Exit to Simulator.
Special Note 2: If you choose to NOT SAVE, Changes when exiting editor:
Settings will go back to the way they were, Before you opened the editor, or the Last Save Point.
If your working with a Custom file, and you think you may have messed something up, this is a nice safety.
Note: If your making changes in the editor, its always a good practice, to keep notes on Paper, of the changes you make.

Attachments

• SMSW.PNG
    SMSW.PNG
    97.1 KB · Views: 10
  • SG.PNG
    SG.PNG
    118.4 KB · Views: 6
  • MLG.PNG
    MLG.PNG
    97.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Back