Back and Questions :)

maxx2504

Hi !

Maybe some people know me...some maybe not. I do some models for Realflight some years ago and i installed RF after a long long time again. Due a hard private time with some depressions, loosing job and after i cancelled fyling real RC models, i thought it would be a good idea to come back to see whats going on here :)

First of all i think i will not do some models for realflight again. im sorry. i just wanna know what about realflight 7 (or 7.5). Is it worth it ? how much to pay if i have RF6 ?

Hope you all have a nice summer ! Greetings from germany !

maxx2504 / Michael

Heyho Michael, welcome back!
I never got to say thank you for your old models, they are one of the reasons I started modeling helis myself. Thank you! :)
The RF7 upgrade is about 50€, but I think you might wanna wait for RF8 since that's most likely gonna be out later this year. And in case you want to get back into modeling at some point, be warned that RF7 is still limited to 27.000 polys and one texture map. This is one of the reasons I stopped building models.

Greetings from Germany to Germany,
Jonas

Hi !

Oh ok. I know this poly limit problem since i started doing models for Realflight. But i thought that KnifeEdge finally give us more polys :D

Well like i said...i dont plan to make models again so thats not a problem.

Sorry a little bit german:

Ich werde dich mal adden ja ? Man trifft ja recht wenig deutsche Leute hier :)

maxx2504

Last edited:
Ja klar, RF is halt das totale Ami-Produkt. Und ich nehm an dass dir bald pleite gehen, sie haben so ziemlich alles gemacht was man machen kann und AccuRC ist grade stark am kommen. Was weiß ich, wenn sie uns nicht mehr Polys geben wars das für mich mit RF.

Yeah right. Keep dreaming.

The last sim to try fluid dynamics ended up with a highly unrealistic flight model.

FSOne ( and FSOne2 ).

I never used the first version of FSOne--just V2 and I think the plane physics are excellent. I'm not contradicting you as we all have opinions to express.

I won't get into comparing other sims on these forums as I personally have potentially formed bias with other software due to my graphics work, but I do find I like how planes fly in RF G5.5 and previous versions better than post G5.5. I know we can tweak the flight physics until we're blue in the face which is one of the many great things with Realflight. However, it seemed planes flew more realistically with accurate weight and aerodynamics defined in the physics model than the more current versions. Everything feels a bit too floaty to me until I tweak the physics on all stock aircraft.

...and Michael. It's great to see you getting back to things. Your models inspired me to begin 3D modeling as well and I still rate you very highly because the quality of your models were always outstanding.

I also understand depression as I've been battling it this entire year. I have some other health problems I've been struggling with as well. They had to call the ambulance for me last Friday at my office. It was so embarrassing.

I won't get into comparing other sims on these forums as I personally have potentially formed bias with other software due to my graphics work, but I do find I like how planes fly in RF G5.5 and previous versions better than post G5.5. I know we can tweak the flight physics until we're blue in the face which is one of the many great things with Realflight.

Exactly.

With FSOne & FSOne2, planes that I own and owned were never "quite right", and there is no way to nail the "feel" of the planes nor second order effects.

With Realflight we have such detailed and nuance access to the editor/parameters that with enough of a time investment, you can get a spot on model within the constraints of the sim.

Case in point I still have my Funtana s90 which is modeled in FSOne, but the "user created" model on the swaps is sooo much more accurate down to many of the non obvious idiosyncrasies of the actual plane.

Fluid dynamics simulation is not an end all to itself. You would have to model 2nd and third order effects and maybe a fluid atmosphere with an FD sim before you surpass what a simpler table drive sim can do due to the lower computational requirements. The sim the poster talks about is not to that level of detail.

...and Michael. It's great to see you getting back to things. Your models inspired me to begin 3D modeling as well and I still rate you very highly because the quality of your models were always outstanding.

I also understand depression as I've been battling it this entire year. I have some other health problems I've been struggling with as well. They had to call the ambulance for me last Friday at my office. It was so embarrassing.

Thanks...thats sound awful :(

And the other guys...please this is not a thread about other RC Sims...thank you...

maxx2504

Back