Baudis Banana WIP

Dodge_Knife

Hey all,

Thought i'd make my first aircraft for RealFlight.

So here is my Banana WIP.
rj1pno.jpg

Just the nose section for now, both outer and inner.

More to come soon, I hope you like it =]

ahhh.........I don't do 3d modeling
but from what little I do know
I'm thinking you're gonna run out polys doing it that way (you do know theres poly limit for RF right? )

And I believe that you are going about it all wrong ..............I'm sure an experienced 3d modeler familiar with the intricacies of molding for RF will chime in and give you some friendly advice

Alex - Admin "In-house we always shoot for as close to 10k as possible for an aircraft."

So far it is just under 350 polygons, leaving 9,650 polys. So im sure I can keep it well under the 10k limit =]

The actual limit is 20k. In house modelers like to shoot for 10k for performance reasons. Us amateurs seem to soar right past 10k!

I cant believe its 20K!!! I dont think i could get to 10k if i tried!

Ill see if i can keep it under 5k including servos + rods etc =]

What program are you using? Sounds like you are counting quads. A poly is a triangle.;)

What we're trying to say DK is, "Looks great!" (And you can't go by DK. Name's taken!)

Jeff, im counting quads as im using Max, upon export I will check the tris count.

True, abaser but a poly can also have 4, 5, 6 or more sides. =]

Ah just Dodge will do =] though im sure there are many of them aswell haha.

Well heres abit of an update.
2n1urq.jpg

Just need to redo the topology on the wing and build the Vtail and ill have a look at setting it up for RF =]

You may know this already, but I use the polygon counter to keep track of my triangles as I go. The pics below show how to set it up.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    302.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    313.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    334 KB · Views: 11
1z2evb4.jpg

2z3opxj.jpg

Here we go, finally got a decent shape to it now.

Coming in at 4,500 tris. with a really high poly wing. So hoping it wont be more than this with control surfaces, servos, etc in

=]

What's the purpose of your two part fuselage?

And yes, those pictures are large. They can be uploaded directly to your post, instead of uploaded to a third party site.

It says enter the URL for the image, so i did =]
How else can do upload them?

Just for show really, to see if I can get all the working gubbins animated.

Underneath the Submit button, click on Manage Attachments.

So part of it will be clear? I'm not visualizing it.

Back