Baudis Banana WIP

Cheers =]

Ive seen one or 2 planes that have the option of removing the canopy with the gear switch.
So maybe something like that. or even a clear front section.

Under 'Views', select 'Viewport Configuration.' Hit the Statistics tab. There, you can customize what is shown when you hit 7. You'll have to set that up for each new model.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 8
Update:

Ok heres the almost finished model.
Ive added in a servo up front (mine only has one =( )
RX and batt (No details)

All that needs doing is;
control horns tweaked
servo covers adding
v-tail base smoothing out into mesh
Unwrap and texture

And thats the model done =]

Then I get to play with the rigging!

Let me know what you think!

Note: Polycount is:

3600 with the inners and outer

2850 with the nose merged onto the mesh and inside removed

Attachments

• BananFinal.jpg
    BananFinal.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 11
  • BananFinal2.jpg
    BananFinal2.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 4
  • BananFinal3.jpg
    BananFinal3.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Well here you go, I set it up by the PDF i found in the forums. Erm, I guessed the physics of it! But roughly there. Didnt have long on the sim to fine tune it, but this pretty much flies as crap as mine does!

Was a quick texture and I think I have some rotation issues with the 3DS Max model as the ailerons are wonky!

Anyway, a good base to work on, let me know what you think =]

Attachments

• Baudis_Banana_EA.RFX
    235 KB · Views: 3
It would be easy to rack up the polygon count. If you model in all the servos, wiring, batteries, screw heads, etc, it's easy to up that poly count. I make my models failry high poly in RF just because I can. I like seeing all the detail, so it's more about visual for me than performance. I don't really have an issue with that either.

At the moment, the polycount seems ok, and the ones I got rid of were not really needed.
Id still like to include all the wiring and servos just for aesthetic purposes =]

It will be on the swap pages soon, just need to tweak the model and texture

Back