Blender Bipe and help

That is what I thought, but I also thought the pivot point was correct before. (See picture you can see the object center I think).

I've been playing with weights/engines etc. Turns out I didn't have enough thrust. So I'm still searching for the right combination, but I can get it off the ground now :)

Anyone want to play with it? It's far from done, but it imports and is far enough along to mess around with.

When trying to figure out how much an unknown model should weigh, start by looking at comparable aircraft in an RC catalog. That's your overall weight. Then look at components of the same scale for the gear and wheels, put those in. Pick an engine that would be suitable in real life and add it to the model. Now all you have to worry about is the airframe. Subtract the total weight of the parts you found from the overall weight, and distribute that between airframe components.

There you have a starting weight distribution to begin work on the physics.

Yeah, I did that mostly. I actually have a wing and another couple small parts of this plane so I got a starting reference to weight from that. I modeled it after a Gullows balsa kit I had when I was a kid. Still had the plans in a box somewhere. Originally it was meant to fly as a rubber band powered or with a Cox 0.020 engine. You just adjusted it and then launched it!

Flyable version

Thanks for all your earlier tips. I still have work to do, but I'm getting better :)

I imported an initial version and played around with the physics a bit. I haven't painted anything yet. The top wing is gray. It's reserving the space for the texture map which so far I've completely ignored.

So anyway... I see a lot of posts about people saying there hasn't been much success with blender. It seems to work fine for me after you get used to the quirks of exporting anyway. I'm probably still missing something.

Attachments

• thomas_morse.rfx
    533.2 KB · Views: 1
Back