Blinn surface

Here is the model to test in RF, should import okay, (takes about 2 minutes load time.)
I imported the model as a powered glider (Spectra Select) just for testing, but maybe you can do the quad plane physics, or let me know what model's physics to apply to your model when importing.

Attachments

• myplane_EA.RFX
    4.5 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I selected all the main parts and detached them in max, then renamed the parts (see pic)
Then I set the pivots and hierarchy and exported out of max and imported the model into Realflight.
Your tga is not square, (256 x 128) should be 256 x 256, 1024 x 1024 ect. up to a maximum of 4096 x 4096, also the model was not pointing along the Y axis, I had to rotate it 180 degrees, was kind of funny when I first imported into RF the model flew in reverse.
thanks!! I'll have a go with your updated model

@asj5547 could you attach the max or fbx file here? I'd like to import it with the physics I've already done from the AltiTransition_EA.RFX linked above

Remove .RFX from file to load into Max
thanks! That is getting much closer. I've added the physics to it here:
Still missing the control surfaces, plus there are some right/left swaps in the labels. Also need to work out how to bring in the fwd and vertical props.
I also hit a problem with the rear motors not giving lift which I think is caused by a collision with the fuselage. I fixed it by moving the rear motors up and back to allow them to spin freely.

I selected all the main parts and detached them in max, then renamed the parts (see pic)
Then I set the pivots and hierarchy and exported out of max and imported the model into Realflight.
Your tga is not square, (256 x 128) should be 256 x 256, 1024 x 1024 ect. up to a maximum of 4096 x 4096, also the model was not pointing along the Y axis, I had to rotate it 180 degrees, was kind of funny when I first imported into RF the model flew in reverse.
Wow looks relay good!

Resolved: I think one main issue i was having was I did not use the 2016 version of the FBX saver, I was able to look at Tridge settings and copy them into the savers panel . Also i think i was naming the base object wrong. A ton more to learn but thank you much for the direction guys.

Back