Boomer

Got a question. I've been looking at a few AS3X planes and then the physics for them and there seems to be a lot of ways to set it up. So if you were looking to model a specific plane (say the Commander mPd 1.4) how would you know how to setup the settings in the RealFlight physics to match the real plane.

Another thing sometimes there's three modes listed on the screen with like SAFE Select top and then AS3X for the Middle and Bottom selections. So does that mean the CH8 switch in the center and towards you does the exact same thing? Which would mean really 2 modes, right?

Well I think the big run on Boomer is done, it's at 45 downloads so I think that's about it. But I'm happy with that I didn't think there would be more than maybe 30 downloads at best. So 45 downloads in two days is cool for me. I have no idea what I want to do next but I may do one of my fantasy planes again. I've looked at several planes but nothings tickled my fancy yet.

I created a build thread for a project called Improv just to have something to do but something happened and I don't want to do it so I deleted the thread. What happened is flyintrumpetguy found an error in the Boomer physics where I forgot to add the expo, low rate, and conditional switch for channel 9 when I added the fullwidth aileron/flap switch. I ask him to take down the AV and CS he just uploaded so I can fix it and upload a new version. Hopefully he'll do that for me and I'll fix it. But I do that a lot now days so maybe it's time for me to quit modeling. It really bugs me it seems like it's every time now days.

I created a build thread for a project called Improv just to have something to do but something happened and I don't want to do it so I deleted the thread. What happened is flyintrumpetguy found an error in the Boomer physics where I forgot to add the expo, low rate, and conditional switch for channel 9 when I added the fullwidth aileron/flap switch. I ask him to take down the AV and CS he just uploaded so I can fix it and upload a new version. Hopefully he'll do that for me and I'll fix it. But I do that a lot now days so maybe it's time for me to quit modeling. It really bugs me it seems like it's every time now days.
NO WAY Tech! Don't let that bother you. I didn't even notice the flap issue.

NO WAY Tech! Don't let that bother you. I didn't even notice the flap issue.
Thanks. He deleted his 2 uploads so I'm heading over there to delete Boomer and fix it and upload a new version. And thanks for the vote of confidence. But stuff like this just drives me nuts. I'm 75 now but before I quit working I "rarely" made a mistake so making them all the time just bugs me to no end. But thanks again for your comment.

Well flyintrumpetguy was nice and deleted his 2 uploads so I could fix Boomer. So I deleted Boomer, fixed it, and uploaded it again. So if you want to fix the error I had in the original upload download it again and import it. Be sure to choose "overwrite all" when you import it so the new physics will be loaded. Sorry about that it seems like a constant problem with me these days. Ugh, I hate it and it makes me what to stop modeling.

I'm starting to calm down from releasing a plane and 50 people downloading it and then having to delete it and fix it. That kind of stuff infuriates me. But I guess life goes on if you let it. Plus the fact I had no interest in building another plane so the project I thought might work, didn't, so I deleted the build thread.

But Boomer had an impact on me so I think I might try creating another STOL using something I dream up along the way. With a lot of cheating by using another plane as inspiration. Like all my fantasy planes.

So, meet Maxum STOL inspired by DRACO. Don't expect too much as all the rounded shapes in it has always been my weak spot. I end up with sort of rounded shapes. So I'll see what I can do but no promises of a great design. I'll start a build thread for it after I think about it a little more and make sure I want to do it.

It may end up being larger than Boomer, it seems that type of plane looks good fairly large on the field, but not too large. Boomer is 100 inches so maybe 120 inches. And probably using a scaled up Boomer wing. But this one won't have any balsa framework just a normal plane.

First question: Was the tires on Boomer large enough? Or would about 10% larger be better?

But don't think I'm modeling DRACO I'm just using the overall look for inspiration. So it's not a DRACO copy.

Well I think the big run on Boomer is done, it's at 45 downloads so I think that's about it. But I'm happy with that I didn't think there would be more than maybe 30 downloads at best. So 45 downloads in two days is cool for me. I have no idea what I want to do next but I may do one of my fantasy planes again. I've looked at several planes but nothings tickled my fancy yet.
Just goes to show what people think of your models. It took nearly two weeks for my NG to get that many. The NG is actually the slowest model I've ever uploaded on DL's. With 1100 views and only 190 DL's, that'll make you rethink your abilities. Good thing I don't let that kind of stuff bother me though. 😁

Back