Bottomless Photo field

Maj. Numbskully

New engine sounds and/or the ability to edit or import new ones seems to be the #1 feature most users would like to see added to G6 or G6.5
while I totally agree that it would be a nice addition to RF

There are some other things I would love to see............

I think it would be cool if it would be possible to create non-level bottomless photo fields
What I mean by that is the ability to fly below the deck
So end users (or KE) could use panos of hill sides for sloping that had depth to them ....a bottomless photo field that would allow aircraft to actually fly down hill instead of hitting a deck as it is set up now..........much in the same way you can in a 3d feild
I under stand that there would have to be a deck somewhere , but at least make it so that you could edit it to be several hunded feet down instead of the present 6 ft. that it is now

I also think that a 3d terrain editor would be awesome
So an end user could create their own hills and valleys .....simular to the terrain editor fould in MX vs. ATV Unleashed

The ability to flood a valley or a part of one with water so you could create lakes and ponds with out effecting the Global water level as it does now

Last edited:
I am with Numbskully about a terrain editor being added to RF. Us AP builders kinda get bord with using the same land over and over again, and when we try to find a nice spot to build an airport it's not rendered to be smooth intead theres jagged points at the corner of hills.

fender1 said:
I am with Numbskully about a terrain editor being added to RF. Us AP builders kinda get bord with using the same land over and over again, and when we try to find a nice spot to build an airport it's not rendered to be smooth intead theres jagged points at the corner of hills.

You could take this a step further.

https://forums.realflight.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=14184

It's a time consuming process, but the modeling part is easy. You could really do something cool with making your own terrain, but if you wanted it to look like terrain meant for the sim and to also have wind respond to the valleys appropriately, it would take you a good amount of time. Don't forget trees and all other aspects of 3D terrain which pose a tremendous effort to layout. That is why I never did anything else with this.

while I aploud your efferts with that very ground breaking AP project

what I mean by a terrain editor is:
you could make 3D mountains and valleys

I don't know if you've ever had MX vs, ATV unleashed but it included a terrain editor ( A seperate program within the program ) so you could make your own tracks , it included ground and sky texture pallets that you could use to "paint "the terain much like RFs AP editor does
you start out with a flat field and raise or lower the terrain as high or as low as you like creating your own 3d riding area
and Like RFs editor you could add static objects.
If I were at home I'd send you some screenys of some of the things I did with it

I found a terrain editor for FMS photo scenery, not for RealFlight photofield.

This editor provides to make polygons of terrain and objects for FMS as top picture in this URL.
http://fmskatsuhiko.web.fc2.com/peffhelp.html

There is a panorama data katsurazawa20101019.zip of upper picture in following URL.
http://fmskatsuhiko.web.fc2.com/flightsimulator.html

It is able to fly a plane under the bridge which is pilot position in this photofield which was made by terrain editor peff.exe.

This is tutorial of peff.exe. Google Earth can be use to be a guide.
http://homepage2.nifty.com/bigarrow/pub/pf/SimScene.html

I wish this function in RealFlight. Does RealFlight 6.5 have similar function?

Last edited:
New engine sounds and/or the ability to edit or import new ones seems to be the #1 feature most users would like to see added to G6 or G6.5
while I totally agree that it would be a nice addition to RF

There are some other things I would love to see............

I think it would be cool if it would be possible to create non-level bottomless photo fields
What I mean by that is the ability to fly below the deck
So end users (or KE) could use panos of hill sides for sloping that had depth to them ....a bottomless photo field that would allow aircraft to actually fly down hill instead of hitting a deck as it is set up now..........much in the same way you can in a 3d feild
I under stand that there would have to be a deck somewhere , but at least make it so that you could edit it to be several hunded feet down instead of the present 6 ft. that it is now

I also think that a 3d terrain editor would be awesome
So an end user could create their own hills and valleys .....simular to the terrain editor fould in MX vs. ATV Unleashed

The ability to flood a valley or a part of one with water so you could create lakes and ponds with out effecting the Global water level as it does now

A slope flyers dream!!!! A Big +1:)

Coming soon .....Space Station Numdor :p ...WIP
Experimental Pseudo bottomless Photo field
5000+ft to the deck ....errr .............Black hole that destroys you ............
ya
that's it
that's the ticket , yaa
:p:p

Attachments

• ScreenShot1367792774.jpg
    ScreenShot1367792774.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 7
  • ScreenShot1367792809.jpg
    ScreenShot1367792809.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 8
  • ScreenShot1367792898.jpg
    ScreenShot1367792898.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 6
  • ScreenShot1367792872.jpg
    ScreenShot1367792872.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 5
  • ScreenShot1367793303.jpg
    ScreenShot1367793303.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Maj, did you get the pics I sent? If that's ok, I'll map it and get this thing it to you.

Thanks andy
the runway looks awesome ....
I still need to adjust the spec.
maybe add some text etc.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1367819600.jpg
    ScreenShot1367819600.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 9
  • ScreenShot1367819595.jpg
    ScreenShot1367819595.jpg
    317 KB · Views: 10
Text may not be possible with the current mapping. If you want text, let me know and I'll redo it.

a little more..............

Attachments

• ScreenShot1368380931.jpg
    ScreenShot1368380931.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 7
  • ScreenShot1368381019.jpg
    ScreenShot1368381019.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 7
  • ScreenShot1368390782.jpg
    ScreenShot1368390782.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 8
  • ScreenShot1368391470.jpg
    ScreenShot1368391470.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I Wasn't aware G2 had one !
I got into RF with G3
I can only image the wonderful image quality it must of had "Way " back then:rolleyes:

Back