[Bug?] Gaui X5: aileron inversion

alexvan

I noticed a strange behavior with the X5: on doing strong rudder corrections (for example in a funnel) very often the rudder isn't able to heading the hold and for a few seconds the aileron command is inverted!

I'm using the last beta.

Right no beta... at the moment.

alexvan, you may want to "upgrade" to the very same version again just to play it safe... it will not hurt anything.

As far as the rudder hold.

You are not the only one to comment on this.

Rudder authority can be adjusted...

Some helis do not have the gyro gain turned up high enough to satisfy some heli flyers... and/or the tail rotor/airfoil may not be generating enough virtual thrust...

All of this can be tweaked if you wish.

opjose said:
Some helis do not have the gyro gain turned up high enough to satisfy some heli flyers... and/or the tail rotor/airfoil may not be generating enough virtual thrust...

All of this can be tweaked if you wish.

I tried increasing the gain. But it seems to made matters worse. So probably the limitation may be in the thrust. Any suggestion on how increase the thrust?

No, it seems happening most of time during a fast transition from pitch up to down (or the opposite) in idle-up 2.

If I can give an other suggestion probably the air density is wrong. Now it's very similar to Phoenix 3.0 where everything "floats" in the air. I think that this behavior isn't present in RF5.5.

alexvan said:
If I can give an other suggestion probably the air density is wrong. Now it's very similar to Phoenix 3.0 where everything "floats" in the air. I think that this behavior isn't present in RF5.5.

I agree

Back