Bug report: Desktop gadgets showing

td9cowboy

Windows 7 64bit: desktop gadgets showing on top of the program on start up and on change of aircraft. So far the clock or CPU monitor. Occasional on .021, more persistent on .026. If you click on the program they disappear.

Last edited:
I forgot to get one :) but it won't take long for the next opportunity ;) . He he It's really not a bad feature being able to check the time or CPU while you fly. Maybe I need to ask KE to make it more reliable :D

Last edited:
I don't think I've ever seen this. We all run Win7 64-bit here.

Can you tell us more about how you're starting RealFlight? Are you using the Launcher or starting RF directly? Start menu or desktop shortcut?

What else do you have running?
Is RF running in windowed mode or fullscreen?
Anything unusual about your Windows Gadgets setup?

Are you using the Launcher or starting RF directly?
Start menu or desktop shortcut? Running RF directly, no launcher. Shortcut on QuickLaunch bar.

Nothing, aside from Security Essentials, etc. Normal startup stuff.

Fullscreen

No. I'm running clock, calendar, and WeatherBug

I also have Win 7 Pro 32 Bit.

I tried a few times to replicate the problem. Unsuccessful.

Ryan Douglas said:
I don't think I've ever seen this. We all run Win7 64-bit here.

Can you tell us more about how you're starting RealFlight? Are you using the Launcher or starting RF directly? Start menu or desktop shortcut?

Start up:short cut to launcher
Running: nothing up front just the usual windows 80 some things in the backround and Mcafee.
Screen mode:windowed I loaded new beta, rebooted, reproduced the problem three times in a row and for now seems to have calmed down a bit.
Windows gadgets: I did have an earlier problem with the calender and had to remove. Now just a clock and CPU.

I was just able to reproduce the bug by restarting the computer. After the restart the first load of RF in windowed mode contained the clock. Tried to capture a screen shot which locked up the program and slowly studdered in the zoom. No sound and dead prop on the plane. Click the screen, all is well. No screen shot.

Last edited:
While changing aircraft using the headers. When the select aircraft screen opens, my clock pops up briefly on occasion and then disappears. One thing I forgot to mention before, this is a lappy and I am running a Logitech wireless mouse.

Last edited:
Also worth mentioning, and should probably be in it's own bug report, there is an error in the sync of ONLY the backround image that causes the backround image to slightly hiccup every full cycle which for me is once every second. It's most apparent with a lot of movement in the backround. This was introduced early in G5 and is still present today. This only shows up while using Vsync and seems to only be seen in two different locations right here in Beavercreek, OH. Also, only we are seeing some pretty bad stuff going on again on the first take off and first landing that could use a little work.

master22 said:
happens to me with many windowed programs. not a glitch
Now that I've kind of muddied the water a good bit, could you elaborate a little on what you are also seeing on other windows programs?

Last edited:
Back