Building Airports

sven_79_10

I'm hoping this will be a go to thread of how to build an airport.
This should be a sharing platform complete with pictures of building processes.
Build, post, critique, take advice, share ideas between each other

Let's help each other out!

Attachments

• building loop.jpg
    building loop.jpg
    406.5 KB · Views: 5
@rcdoski as we're building airports we should take pictures and share them so people can see the process.

Thank you @Freedo for everything!

Attachments

• room.jpeg
    room.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
  • the hive1.jpg
    the hive1.jpg
    350.3 KB · Views: 9

Attachments

• Screenshot (60).png
    Screenshot (60).png
    706.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot (61).png
    Screenshot (61).png
    947.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot (62).png
    Screenshot (62).png
    743 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot (63).png
    Screenshot (63).png
    753.1 KB · Views: 10
The only problem I have with posting Pics and posts as I build an airport is. 1, too many times I get 3/4 done and look at what I have and decide I don't like it and start over. So, everything that would have been posted would have been a waste of time plus have taken the little bit of time I have to work on things. Where I used to work, I used to have to post or write reports on what I was doing and HATED IT!!! I don't want this to feel like a job. I have parents heading towards 90 years old plus in-laws in poor health that require help. So, what time I have to work on airports I need for building the airport not posting what I'm doing. The advice I would give for doing tubes that are joined together say in a big loop is. You better be a good 3D pilot because you will need to go into edit airport place your tube best you can then exit back to the airport and fly in chase mode and hover around to inspect for gaps and alignment. If you see any miss alignment you go back and make your adjustment in edit, then come back out to fly and hover around to inspect for gaps and alignment. You might have to do this many hundreds of times. Hope this advice was helpful.

As you've probably noticed I am bad at putting objects on the sea because the deepness of the sea changes. Do you have any techniques, rcdoski?Screenshot (65).pngScreenshot (66).pngScreenshot (67).pngScreenshot (68).png

Attachments

• Screenshot (64).png
    Screenshot (64).png
    516.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Braved. Here is what you can try. And just make an airport to experiment with. You don't have to post it just use it to test things on. When in edit airport and say you add a Pirate Ship. Where it says Relative Position (ft) there is an x, y, and a z. The z will adjust the height of the ship or any object you are dealing with, say rocks, telephone poles. The Z adjusts the height of any object you are placing. A negative number lowers it a positive number will raise it. The x and y adjust side to side forward and back. When dealing with say walls, buildings, runways, large cliffs or boulders. You can use or try where it says Conform to Ground. This will place that object on the ground not floating in the air. You can even Have fun playing with where it says Orientation (deg) or even Scale (%). Just have fun experimenting moving things around. Hope this helps. Have fun.

Last edited:
Count me in on this thread. Please check out my newest thread “Bringing the Dead back to Life”. Looking to get suggestions and some learning on how to go about this

If you know how to do it in 6.5, you know how to do it in 9.5S or Evolution. AFAIK, those things haven't changed.

I have a simple question, is there a search option to find objects in the Object Pallet?
I'm looking for a simple cone to place at the corner of my field.
Do I have to open every folder and look through it to find a cone object?
Since there are many folders this is very time consuming.
Thanks!!!

I do not know of a shortcut to finding objects. But you can find a simple CONE or a better looking TRAFFIC CONE under Miscellaneous objects.

Back