C-130 Project

brentg said:
Crashed,
Thanks for posting this, it makes doing schemes much easier, now i can finish the Blue_angel _c-130, I was pulling my hair out trying to find that cargo door & pods in the camo scheme :) :) :) :) Very realistic looking model in the air , nice touch with the smoke, just the right amount.

Nice job.

Brentg

Progress so far --- Blue angels scheme below.
thanks, glad folks can enjoy the planes.
actualy, there is no uvw map for any of the doors, i am not sure where they ended up :eek:
i will make sure to post the complete map with all planes to make more adaptable to new scheems.
crashed

nick2010 said:
i liked this plane hey brent g when yoo get done with your blue angeles color scheme will you post it :cool:

As of right now I am not sure. Still a issue of the cargo door, it is picking up the colors on the side of the fuselage where the insigna lays and the pods are closer to the front where the writing is, will try to see if there is work around for this ;)

Brentg

brentg said:
As of right now I am not sure. Still a issue of the cargo door, it is picking up the colors on the side of the fuselage where the insigna lays and the pods are closer to the front where the writing is, will try to see if there is work around for this ;)

Brentg
Brent,
hold that thought.
i will re-map the plane to include allllllll the parts :D
it will take me a day or so, so please be patient. this one was originaly done up for a camo scheem, so there is no real need to layout\unfold EVEWRYTHING, just that which will have other than camoflage.
i guess i can just put a "blank" plane as an av, with the included map, how dose that sound?
crashed
here is the placement of the door and the drop tanks in the current plane, no good for "color".
oh, and the gear doors nevewr did get maped at all.

Attachments

• 130-H-2.jpg
    130-H-2.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 13
crashed again said:
Brent,
hold that thought.
i will re-map the plane to include allllllll the parts :D
it will take me a day or so, so please be patient. this one was originaly done up for a camo scheem, so there is no real need to layout\unfold EVEWRYTHING, just that which will have other than camoflage.
i guess i can just put a "blank" plane as an av, with the included map, how dose that sound?
crashed
here is the placement of the door and the drop tanks in the current plane, no good for "color".
oh, and the gear doors nevewr did get maped at all.

Crashed,
Please dont think i was pushing you or bashing your plane, it is a wonderful c130 and the mapping is very accurate, take your time, anyway you want to do it is fine. I have 4-5 hrs more to put in the scheme before it is swapworthy anyway :D

no offense taken, not what i was implying at all.
i just want to make it as easy for anyone who wants to make new cs's.
what makes this sport so great is the ability to express your own tastes in your models, and i want to promote that.
and if for some reason you or anyone else dose not like the model, don't fly it, it won't hurt my feelings ;)
hindsight is 20\20, i should have not been lazy, and mapped the entire thing the first time.
so is it possible to remap without creating an ea or av?
crashed

crashed again said:
so is it possible to remap without creating an ea or av?
crashed
No, I'm afraid not. The texture map is part of the 3D model included with an EA. The color map is the TGA file for a CS. So if you want to move parts around on your texture map, you'll have to redo it as an EA.

new and improved

have the new plane done, seperate cargo door movement and re-engined, along with a complete uvw map for those who want it.
just need to "tweek" a couple things, should hit the swaps tonight.
hope this helps for the awsome color scheems out there, i know i cant do them :(
i am no artist.
let me know if the new one needs anything, so i can change it prior to release.
functions:
flaps, 3 pos sw, fwd=0 mid=30%(takeoff) aft=full(land)
gear, upper right
cargo door, dulerate sw.
see ea 2 posts down and now in the swaps
crashed

Attachments

• my130-5.jpg
    my130-5.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 33
  • blank-130-H.jpg
    blank-130-H.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Problem loading C-130-m

Uh Oh...

Got your updated texture export (trying to make USCG ColorScheme). But, got an error message when I tried to install the c-130-m.g3x file. Something about "... not having the "Black-C130..." variant's original aircraft. Plus, the aircraft never shows up in my "Custom..." folder for loading.

Should I not be trying to install the c-130-m.g3x yet? I'll continue to work on USCG skin, in the mean time.

Thanks, Dave

sorry dave, looks like there is just a little trouble there.
i guess i have to put the "base plane" up, even though it is a variant of the original.
so here it is.
ALSO AVAILABLE ON THE SWAPS.S
Sorry for the premature release of the first plane, thought i was done.
crashed

Attachments

• C_130_M_EA.G3X
    858.9 KB · Views: 44
USCG-CS Work in progress

OK... There we go...

I've got a "rapid prototype" of the USCG ColorScheme work-in-progress. Here's a quick snapshot. Umm... keep in mind, I'm still working on some fine details --- this is just a crude start.

Will try to finish up by this weekend and post after you come up with a final on the Swap Pages.

Thanks... Dave

Attachments

• C130-USCG-CS WIP.jpg
    C130-USCG-CS WIP.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Crashed,

Sweet ! map is looking good :) :) Downloading all the updated map & ea and going to take the laptop on our camping trip and relax finishing the Blue angel scheme. :D

Dstreet,

Nice scheme,, that Coast guard scheme will make a nice addition to the c-130.

Brentg

USCG ColorScheme

OK... I give up.

I can't seem to get my new USCG C130M color scheme to load up on the Swap Page. So, I'll try to get it to you (Crashed Again), here.

Hope this works and you like...

v/r, Dave

Attachments

• C130M-USCG_CS.G3X
    116.1 KB · Views: 37
  • C-130-USCG-1.jpg
    C-130-USCG-1.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 8
  • C-130-USCG-2.jpg
    C-130-USCG-2.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 7
  • C-130-USCG-3.jpg
    C-130-USCG-3.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 26
Blade Scraper said:
Hey dstreet,i put you C-130 CS on the swaps in your name for you ok.Go check it out. :D

Hey Thanks Blade Scraper...

I thought about asking someone else to post for me, but didn't know if that was appropriate --- I do appreciate it. Don't know why I couldn't post this one. I was able to post my USCG Agusta 109 a couple of weeks ago...

Oh, well... Glad you were able to get it there.

Thanks Again, v/r... Dave

C-130 Ea

I have downloaded the C-130 EA and chose to select 'turbine2' for sound effect, which means I don't need the four-stroke exhausts. There is an engine parameter for showing engine, but there is none for exhaust.

Could the exhaust be removed somehow? But then you would have to put in jet turbine exhausts right?

I enjoy the model and thanks for the production.

Clement

Back