Camera not tracking plane w/triple monitors

Raylon

So I have had triple monitors for a while now but finally took the time to set up Eyefinity with RF7. I set up appropriate resolution and everything looks fantastic. I set the FOV to the max allowable of 90 degrees. But for some reason, when in Keep Ground in View, whenever I fly my plane into the sky, it goes off screen and the camera refuses to pan up. In Manual and Auto zoom it tracks fine, but in Keep Ground in View it cannot pan up for some reason. Is there some option I have set wrong or is this just how RF responds to 3 screens?

Keep ground in view mode will keep the horizon in the view even if the aircraft is going off the screen. Try using a different zoom mode and using the black switch on the controller to get a glimpse of the ground.

Keep ground in view mode will keep the horizon in the view even if the aircraft is going off the screen. Try using a different zoom mode and using the black switch on the controller to get a glimpse of the ground.

Yes but ground view has always kept the plane in view no matter what. Now the plane flies off the screen and the sim doesn't even try to keep up.

KGIV can't handle such an extreme aspect ratio. I'll file a case. We may be able to improve that at some point. But for now, at least, you'll have to use one of the other zoom modes with that setup.

One other thought... you may have desirable results by directly editing that field of view setting in the .ini and setting it to a higher value than what the settings dialog allows. I feel this deserves a disclaimer: We do not support out-of-range values, and if one starts monkeying with other things in this way, the results may be quite bad and/or have unintended consequences. (The camera change should be safe, at least, whether or not it actually proves useful.)

KGIV can't handle such an extreme aspect ratio. I'll file a case. We may be able to improve that at some point. But for now, at least, you'll have to use one of the other zoom modes with that setup.

One other thought... you may have desirable results by directly editing that field of view setting in the .ini and setting it to a higher value than what the settings dialog allows. I feel this deserves a disclaimer: We do not support out-of-range values, and if one starts monkeying with other things in this way, the results may be quite bad and/or have unintended consequences. (The camera change should be safe, at least, whether or not it actually proves useful.)

Okay thanks. That at least makes me feel better knowing it's not something on my end that's messing up. I will play with it and see what I can figure out.

Back